New or Old ? | FerrariChat

New or Old ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PSk, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

New or Old?

1. New as latest and greatest

2. New for reliability

3. New for performance

4. New for ease of purchase

5. New for other reasons

6. Old for olds sake

7. Old for looks or style

8. Old for driving experience

9. Old for other reasons

10. New for driving experience

11. New to be looked at

12. Old to be looked at

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay this has probably been done before but I am interested to see what the rest of us prefer, ie. if you suddenly came into enough money to buy a NEW Ferrari (excluding the Enzo ... maybe), would you buy a new Ferrari or an older classic model?, and why?

Pete

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    First question: How much money...?
    Second question: Why not an NNO...?
    Third question: Do we have to pick just ONE car...?

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, I'm not really after the car so much as trying to find out whether the new Ferraris or older style Ferraris are favoured by the board. If that makes sense.

Ofcourse it does get complicated because with the money for a new F550 you could buy 2 old cars ...

I did not include the NNO for that reason, because you could buy 10 old Ferraris for the cost of one NNO.

Pete

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The 250 series is the best series of cars ever. Who's that guy who collects only 250s? That's my dream collection.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, NNO, huh...? Well, if i had collector money and i couldn't get an NNO, i'd immediately lunge for The Breadvan if it were available; if not, i'd be hot on the tail of a 250GTO... If no dice on the GTO, i'd be in hot pursuit of a 250 TR or a 250 LM (in that nero barchetta "black cherry" color Prowler did on the NNO in the other thread yesterday)... If i couldn't have one of those, i'd consider a 355, 360 or a TR, not in that order...

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay new is winning so far ... for other reasons ... maybe I should have had an option 'to be seen in the latest Ferrari' :D ... only joking ;)

Interesting!

Pete

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What i was thinking exactly i couldnt even do the vote it was so hard ot choose though.

8. mbarr

mbarr Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2004
    Texas
    you left out "new, because of the driving experience"

9. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I like the latest and the greatest, the performance and the reliability of a new car. That is why I bought the Cayenne Turbo. But when I want the best sound (legally), the best feedback at legal speeds, to be the most involved, I drive the Daytona. I'm just sorry that there are no new Daytonas for sale. The closest I get is to drive in my Elise.

I probably said this already too many times, but I find the new cars too good. You have to do highly illegal things to get the same involvement as you get in an older car.

Rijk

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Oops ... showing a personal preference. I wonder if I can edit the poll ... ?

Pete

EDIT: Doesn't look like it is possible. Sorry.

11. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Why would anyone even think twice about it. Put a modern Ferrari any model next to lets say a Boano Coupe, or a Zagato Double Bubble.
    I'll take a vintage Ferrari no matter how much of a poor mans Ferrari it may be, any day of the week.
    If you want a reliable driver buy a Lumina Van.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Old is now winning ...

Pete

13. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    This poll is stupid. There are people, like me, who like both old and new.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I would buy the car that most stirrs my heart. For me this the list goes like Muira, 288GTO*, 365 GT/B, 365 BB; but thats just me.

Or, you could make a list of candidate cars, and search the market for all of them simultaneously, Then buy the first car on the list that feels right. My F355 was obtained in this manner.