Go-kart Racing! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Go-kart Racing!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

If you go, take a lot of pictures. Keep your eyes peeled for Ferraris out testing in the streets.

2. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I'm taking both film and digital and will be back on Wednesday so other than jet lag I will be able to post some pics then.

Last summer I saw the then secret Maseratti Quad. out driving around.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Watanabe-sama,
    Have a safe trip, looking forward to the pictures! :)

Dave

4. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    It looks like I missed out on some great fun! My car will be ready for pick-up Wed. Jan. 28th, I can't wait. Dave H. That was you I saw in Burlington back in Summer 03, I recognize you & the red 328!

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Just for future reference and in the event some of you people get bored.

In addition to the possibility of running carts outdoors at Evergreen Raceway this summer there is also an indoor/outdoor track at the Arlington Airport. The carts are gas powered and quite fast! The indoor course may not appeal to many because it is a bent oval (kidney shaped?) but still quite challenging.

For those that don't want to be subjected to the exhaust fumes there is the option of racing the outdoor oval in miniature sprint cars (like quarter midgets) with 9.5 HP engines. VERY cool!

Everything I've seen here looks quite fast and would be a fun challenge as well as broadening ones driving scope and skill.

If enough people are interested I can arrange a group session on a weekend day when the tempuratures rise and the weather is fair.

I will research prices and packages in the mean time.

DJ

6. Mondial2

Mondial2 Karting

Jan 23, 2004
    Let's go karting again, same place - Champs in Mill Creek - and same time - Noon on Saturday - but different date - February 28.

Here is their website with location, directions, etc:

www.champskarting.com

The cost is $50 for 4 races or $100 for 10 races. You have 6 months to use the 10 races. Each race is approximately 5 minutes long.

Disclaimer: This is not an official FCA event. It is completely informal, no trophies, just timing sheets and fun competition.

Hope to see you there!

7. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    I checked with the guys at Lynnwood Karting, the folks who were trying to introduce rentals at evergreen, and they have retracted their earlier statement. They said they couldn't justify the cost and scheduling of events.

Sorry to get your hopes up for some serious outdoor speed. :-(

I don't think I can make it this Saturday's event. Catch you next time.

- G