Sport Auto 360Cs test | FerrariChat

Sport Auto 360Cs test

Discussion in '360/430' started by allanlambo, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Very dissapointing #'s all around. Destroyed by the Gallardo in every catagory, from acceleration to Nurburgring and Hockenheim.

0-60mph ( 0-100kmh): 4.4sec.
    0-124mph ( 0-200kmh): 15,5sec.
    weight: 1387kg
    Nordschleife: 7:56min
    Hockenheim: 1:13,00min

Gallardo Nordschleife: 7:52
    Hockenheim 1.11.8

All about the track times isnt it boys?

2. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

it is indeed.
    but 4wd drift, er, i mean drive still doesn't belong on a "sports car." it's fine on the audi tt though. you know, cause it's rugged.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Haha, here come the excuses! Pathetic if you asked me.
    So in your sense of the word, how does it feel to have your Glorified F1 inspired pure Bred Race car get blown away by an overweight, tractor owned by Vw? Nice slap in the face. So much for that F1 engineering.

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    pathetic? i made a statement of opinion. the gallardo's faster. you wanna start some **** allan, or you just looking for another way to beat that proverbial internet supremacy gong of yours? by the way, the cars aren't equal. so as "pathetic" as the "excuses" may be, so is the comparison. apples to oranges.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No internet supremacy, you guys start a thread degrading other marks, someone posts HARD DATA, and your off with your excuses, and further insults.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    OMg, now the cars are apples to oranges? Yes your right, The 360 CS is a stripped out race car that just got blown away by a daily driver on RACE TRACK.

7. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast

you should re-read my post. i agreed with you allen. it IS all about the track times, but, and you keep missing this, the two cars are not equal (maybe in price point), but they're not direct equivelants with respect to power, drivetrain, torque, traction, etc etc etc.
    again, i'm not making any excuses, but when someone presents hard data, it's my day job, to make executable conclusions, and part of that process is defering to whether or not the data presented came from reliable, comprable and real sources; in this case, there are obvious discrepancies that need to brought to the readers attention -- not for the purpose of excusing the data, but to make it relavent "for comparisons sake."
    and, i've never started a "lambo bashing" thread.

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No you still had to make a snide reference to the Audi TT. If you would of said that 4 wheel drive is not your preference, i would of agreed, as i to rather have 2 wheel drive.

9. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    For me it's great to see real supercars like we have been seeing over the last few years and Lambo have done a good job to raise the bar (whether it's Audi helped or whatever). Hard numbers are always interesting and with a CS on order it would be nice to think I was getting the fastest thing on the road that I could afford. It's not all about numbers as we all know and the next Ferrari might be the fastest thing on the planet, it might not be. I bought a CS because it will test my capabilities (I'm no race driver) and because out of all of the cars I could buy it was the one that both myself and my good lady liked the best all things considered. At least it's not as slow as my other cars.

I loved driving my 360 Modena and I'm sure I'll enjoy the CS as I would any good car. I just don't get what the *****ing is about

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    oh c'mon allan. okay, okay i apologize. it was uncouth of me (no sarcasm) to make that remark -- but damn those 4wd tt's are "cute." ( just kidding)

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gee Allan you are really getting too much sun ;)

Okay we finally have proof that the Gallardo is faster than a 360CS. Hopefully the same driver, which I think is the case.

Many times many people have pointed out that performance is only relevant on a track, and you have come back here and shown that the Gallardo is faster. 1 up for Lambo. It would be pretty sad if the NEW Lambo was not faster than the now been around for a while Ferrari.

Many, many more times many people have pointed out that they do give a damn about 0-60 times and lap times because they buy the car for different reasons. I have this view also because in possibly ten minutes time somebody else is going to release a car that is faster again ... where does it end and isn't it a bit pointless (unless ofcourse you intend to race the beast).

Thus the Lambo is faster in a couple of laps test, now come on Lambo get serious and enter it in a proper race and see who wins in the end.

Like I said and so did Hubert we agree that it is faster, and if that was your ONLY criteria for choosing between the 2, the Lambo wins!!! ... I'll wait until it wins a few official races before accepting that it is superior ;)

Pete

12. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Ok, so how's the Murcielago GT program going then Allan........

Have they packed up and gone home with their tails between their legs before the race, AGAIN yet........??

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Allan, as a reminder this is a FERRARICHAT not Lambo Chat. I know you like Lambo very much but try not to disgrace F-car too much.

Perhaps host your own chat???

14. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    He has his own lol...he is actually well respected on many chats...

15. shelbee

shelbee Guest

So perhaps not too many replies on his chat room therefore he is in our Ferrari Chat???

16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Diablo GT: Lambo's track/road car:

8:04

1:14.4

www.track-challenge.com

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ferrari 575M- Corresponding Fcar competitor, not to mention Chassis designed much later than the Diablos.

Do you want me to post the Murcielagos:

18. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
  19. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Allan, no snide remarks here. You have said it over and over again and again that the Gallardo is faster than the 360 CS both on the road and at the track. AND YOUR RIGHT !!!!!!

Ok!! There I said it. The Lambo is faster and the Murci is faster than the 575M.

However, let's get real, unless you happen to be in a 360 CS or 575 M at a stop light and the opposing Lambo is right next to you, is the Ferrari really going to seem sooooo much slower.

Do you and most other Lambo and Ferrari drivers perform 10/10's four-wheel drift slides at the limit on your way to the grocery store.

Let's face it unless you are at the track, at the drag strip, or doing a Fast and Furious scene through downtown LA, I doubt there is much difference between a CS and a Gallarado other than personal taste.

Items, like styling, build quality, options, exhaust note, etc..

In the end 90% of buyer wouldn't know the difference in speed if they were asked to drive either car. Maybe one feels faster than the other but the majority of drivers aren't going to step out of one car and say..........

.....that one feels about .3 faster in the 0-60 sprint
    .....this one feels like it has about a .04 of extra lateral grip in that last turn we took

Bottom line is that other than personal preference there is little to differentiate in performance for most people.

The average person couldn't get within 20 seconds of the lap times professional race car drivers achieve at places like Hockenheim or the Nurgburgring.

If you will note I haven't made any snide remarks, nor made any excuses for the Ferrari, nor challenged your claim that the two Lambo are clearly faster than the 2 Ferrari at the two most notable track used to judge the relative performance of the world's best supercars.

I am only stating that very few of us are going to be horribly disappointed or even be able to notice the performance difference that a professional was able to wring out of one car over the other.

And by the way, I would pick the Gallarado over the 360 because I like the styling better. But in the end if you want to talk performance only the Porsche GT2 which costs about the same annihilates the Gallarado at the Ring by over 5 second per lap.

Again to the majority of buyers who look at the Porsche and the Lambo aren't going to be able to tell much difference. No one is going to get out of the GT2 and say, after driving this thing I'll bet it's at least 4 seconds faster than the Gallarado at the Ring.

All this lap time crap is about as relevant as all the F1 heritage crap floating around.

You sit there and go on and on and on about how much faster the Lambo is over the Ferrari at Hockenheim yet you've admitted you never take your car to a track and you've admitted you probably couldn't outdrive many of the hardcore track nuts here like me. So what the hell is the point of all of this d*ck wagging about lap times. Your Diablo SV isn't going to the track anymore than my 355 C is going to race in an F1 GP.

It's about as relevant as all the d*ck wagging on this site about how Ferrari kicks Lamborghini's but all over the racetrack. What's it matter if you ain't in the market for a Murci GTR or a 360 GT or a 575 GTC and you don't know late apex from a late date.

I race, I go to the track, I drive most cars at the track as close to 10/10's as my skill permits and I eat, sleep, and live racing during my free time so to me that stuff is important but to someone who doesn't race, doesn't take their car to the track and most likely would fill his garage with street cars if he won the lottery quoting all this F1 stuff seems rather pointless.

Let's face it if I was to drive Ferrari's F1 car and then step into Toyota's F1 car at Hockenheim do you honestly think I could tell the difference that the Ferrari is .19 second quicker. Not a chance !!!!!!

And I doubt you my friend could tell much difference between a 360 CS or a Gallarado or a GT2 at Hockenheim.

How many people go into an exotic car dealer show room and ask the salesman "..which car in here has lapped the Ring the fastest?"

Personally, I would give those laptimes some bearing on a purchase decision, as would I consider some of the race history, but the average person who is looking at a Ferrari or Lambo has never heard of Ascari or Bizzarrini or know the difference between Hockenheim or the Nurburgring.

If you won the lottery you'd fill it with a bunch of street lambos and maybe a Diablo GTR, I on the other hand might buy one Lambo, Porsche, of Ferrari street car and fill my garage with half a dozen race car (F1 car, 333SP, 360 GTC etc..)

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

20. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks for posting those numbers Allan... and, yes, they are a bit disappointing. That weight just kills me!

You're such a damned troll, Allan! My answer: Yes and no!

No, the reason I am buying a CS is definitely NOT all about track times... if it was, I'd be buying a Radical SR3. When I go to the track, I'm not there to set the track record... or win a race... or make a living; rather, I am there to enjoy the drive. Thus, even track driving is not about track times... its about the sound, and the steering feel, and the g's, and the body roll/response, and the overall driving experience. OTOH...

Yes, evaluating performance is all about track times. And we have enough tests now that its fairly clear that the CS is not nearly as light as it is supposed to be... and it needed to be as light as it's supposed to be in order to have its track times match the much higher horsepower Gallardo and Ford GT and so on.

So, yes, Allan, the numbers are disappointing.
    Yes, Allan, the Gaylardo is faster around a track than a CS.
    But no, Allan, the Gaylardo is not in the least bit desirable to me.

If Ferrari refuses to sell me a CS, then my next choice would be a Euro 360 (because its lighter than a US 360)... if I couldn't have a Ferrari, then my next choices would be either Lotus Elise or Ford GT... the Gaylardo would be further on down my list... well below the Murci-lardo.

And yes, someday I may get passed on track by someone in a Gaylardo... but given I've never seen (or even heard of) a Lambo owner bring their Lambo to the tracks in my area, I would be very surprised (and happily impressed). But it could happen!

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Haha. I think i could definately tell the difference between a car that is 2.5 seconds slower than another to 125mph.

Funny to watch the excuses and name calling come out. Try and get some sleep guys, Ferrari has been ridiculed...yet again. Oh and btw, im sure if the results were otherwise, none of you would of posted immediately the Lambo and Porsche beating times. Unfortunately, you better watch out for those Porsches and Lambos, my little F1 gurus.

22. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    Hey guys, this is simple psychology. People make all sorts of excuses and reasons to justify their decision when they lack condifence. I guess maybe Allen himself is so unsure about many other attributes of Lambo relative to Ferrari that he needs to keep going back to #'s to justify his liking. If all one cares about is #'s, then he should buy a SUPER 7 or a Noble, both of which will blow Lambo and F ou of the water while saving you thousands of $. Let's face it, Ferrari outsells Lambo by a wide margin all these years. That, to me, says it all.

23. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Mike,

I'd have to agree!!!

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Excuses,excuses,excuses. You guys crack me up.

I wish i could take credit for this line, but i cant, heres a statement on another chat site in regards to this test. Great statement! And to the FERRARI OWNER WHO EMAILED ME THE LINK, THANK YOU!

Re: Supertest Challenge Stradale [Re: rossi]
    #22046 - Wed Jan 21 2004 04:43 PM Edit Reply Quote

As always with Ferrari "Barks like a Rottweiler but bites like a Chihuahua"

But at least they have something to be happy about,it didn´t brake down halfway through the lap

Awesome! Isnt it?

25. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Our resident troll -