Sponser - Carolina Sealcrete offers New Garage Flooring Product | FerrariChat

Sponser - Carolina Sealcrete offers New Garage Flooring Product

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ntol, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Hello everyone...I just wanted to let you all know that we have executed our dealer agreement with Kiwi Tile to offer our customers another flooring product.

We are now a Racedeck, Lock Tile, and Kiwi Tile dealer. Which ever your preference we have you covered.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We offer a special to Ferrari Chat members.

Thanks,

Neil

Visit us at http://www.carolinasealcrete.com

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    neil:

i'd be curious to hear your opinions comparing kiwi to racedeck. why did you decide to carry both since they're wildly similar in so many respects?

is the locktile a rubber(ish) tile like the johnsonite stuff rather than a hard plastic like the kiwi and racedeck? couldn't quite tell from their site.

thanks!
    doody.

3. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Well, I personally like the racedeck better. It has a much better motorsport look being the tiles have the diamond cut pattern to them. We have installed a lot of racedeck and have never had any complaints about it what so ever. Many people know all about it but balk at the price. The way I look at is like this...

1. The customer can install it themself. (No Labor Charge)
    2. If you ever move, you can take it with you. (Not investing in a floor for the next guy that rents your gargage or buys your home.)
    3. No floor prep involved. (Time and Labor)
    4. Never stains, fades, or peels up.
    5. 10 Year Warranty

Each of the brands we carry have their own characteristics. Some people loves the Racedeck, some want the perforated tile that Kiwi makes. Can't go wrong with either one. Like I said, to me personally the Racedeck has the motorsport look.

Kiwi Tile offers a thinner more flexible tile. Their tiles are bigger, 13.1" x 13.1". Also, their perforated tile is different from anything that racedeck offers. I looked into the Kiwi Tile because a fellow member here on Ferrari Chat recommended it.

Personally speaking...I like the Racedeck look. Everyone has a prefrence and we just want to be able to cover all the bases.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    racedeck offers their "free-flow" product (cf. below) for perforated solutions. have you guys played with that yet?

they used to offer a product extremely similar to the perforated kiwi tile (a couple years back) but now have this newer free-flow thing.

i'm buliding a new garage and am curious to compare whether to just buy more kiwi to augment what i've got or try out the racedeck free-flow. hence my initial question.

thanks,
    doody.

5. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Just delivered 500 sq ft to a Custom Motorcycle shop in town. They went with the Racedeck Alloy Free Flow. Very nice product, looks great! They choose it because it gives a softer feel standing on it. And they are going to use it outside of the trailer awning.

Will work great.

6. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I have played with the free flow, but the only place I would use it is over a drain. Everyone seems to be concerned with water getting trapped under the (solid) tiles. It won't, it is going to drain the same as if you got water on the regular floor. The freeflow would be good in a paint booth or in a wash pit, as it will disperse water faster, but I wouldn't be as comfortable putting jack stands, etc, over it, as you're probably more likely to damage the tiles.

Just my .02.

Ed

7. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Oh...another thought. The racedeck free flow seems like it would drain and dry out much better if you are going to be washing your cars inside your garage. It still has the non-slip surface when wet.

8. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Also, we should have some samples of the Kiwi soon. Anyone wanting a sample of any of our products should contact us via the website. We've got plenty of racedeck scraps we can send out currently.

Ed

9. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    I have a workshop that has epoxy paint as the finish.
    The floor is 8 years old and it is starting to look tired.

The shop is 31 feet wide 24 feet deep. It must serve multiple purposes.

I have a lathe, mill, bandsaw, drill press on one side. A honking big assembly/ welding table in the middle. Lastly there is a garage space and a half that I pull my cars in to work on them. Working on the car creates a lot of liquid spills and grease. I need to put the cars up on jackstands. The metal working generates a lot of swarf (metal chips) grinder dust etc.

Are any of your products appropriate for this mixed use? Or should I just put down racedeck in the car area and leave the metalworking area epoxy?

Erich

10. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    As long as the metal isn't red hot when it hits the floor, it shouldn't melt into any of the flooring. I'd go with the dark graphite color in a metalwork area so it looks cleaner longer. None of the automotive fluids will hurt the Racedeck. I'm still waiting on the Kiwi tile to do my own battery of torture testing on it.

Ed