The drive to Semiahmoo | FerrariChat

The drive to Semiahmoo

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Anybody take any pictures?

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    DJ, I'm wondering about that too. Usually, someone would have posted by last night. No posts on the Canada section either.

3. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Glad did not have a drive yesterday since my modular wheels are on and installed them yesterday.

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    FS,

Let's see pics of the 360 w/ the new wheels!

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Andrew,

Care to do a write up on the drive and some pictures? You guys must have had some fun yesterday.

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well, for all of you that missed, you missed plenty! Another great time, with picture perfect weather. Meeting us at Northgate were new Ferrari owners Don and Margo Nightingale, from Victoria, BC in their beautiful 1999 550 Maranello. Also present was Mark Carpenter in his Mondial, and Andrew Hoang, organizer.

On the way up, we were met by Larry (missed the last name) in his red 75 308GT4, and Bill Lloyd in his 1989 328 GTS (red/tan). At our first stop in Burlington for Krispy Kreme donuts, we were met by Dan and Jennifer Ramos, in their black 308GTB. As Chuckanut Drive was closed due to a rock slide, we detoured out East on State Route 20, then North on SR 9, hitting some twisty bits and wonderful scenery.

Waiting for us at The Resort at Semiahmoo was Roy Kan (Western Canada FCA Regional Director) with his red 348 spider, and Taylor Campbell in his red 550 Marenello. Riding "shotgun" with Taylor was Alan Huston, a 355 spider owner.

We dined on a great lunch and enjoyed a terrific view of Birch Bay, and Whiterock, BC, just across the water. After, Larry and I continued to Vancouver with the rest of the Canadian contingent.

Vty,
    Dave Handa

PS, here is who's in the picture: Dave Handa, Larry, Taylor Campbell, Alan Huston, Roy Kan, Mark Carpenter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Sorry I missed it! Thanks Dave
    DJ

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Dave,

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Too bad Chuckanut was closed.

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    It's too bad about Chuckanut Drive. The Highway 9 route is pretty decent too.

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    sorry to have missed this last minute..........and screwed up a seat for andrew........but had last minute pressing obligations

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    kuzi, don't sweat it, there will be other drives. i just hope more people make it out to the next one(s).

12. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Andrew, we need to start about one hour earlier...WAY too much traffic out at 10:30 am...

Dave

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Let's pray for the weather so I can drive my Spider with the new Modular wheels to Gary Reed's this Sunday

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Not likely... forecast calls for rain and more rain. You can always drive with the top-up, although the spider looks sooooo much better with top-down.