Big Brother on the NYS Thruway | FerrariChat

Big Brother on the NYS Thruway

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Il'inglese, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il'inglese

Il'inglese Karting

Dec 6, 2003
  2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
  3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    well, it is only in highway work zones, where you can sorta kinda maybe justify it. if they only analyze the film and ticket for time periods where work is actively occurring i think any lawmaker will have a tough time fighting it.

but if they're gonna put up a single "men at work" sign with a camera and then ticket 24x7 that's not very cool :(

in MA we apparently have a law that speeding tickets have to be served in person by an officer, which makes these things not an option, thankfully. they still get their share though....

doody.

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    they would start with highway work zones then put them on any straightaway they want. I would black out my plate and tint my windows, **** them. I hate politicians

5. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Cops just keep getting lazier, and lazier, and lazier.

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Two things-
    1.) If you are speeing through a work zone you are an idiot. You could hit a worker, a truck could pull out of nowhere, its just not safe to speed in them.

2.) If you got a ticket you could possibly beat it in a court. Whats to say the cam didnt malfunction? A police officer didnt actualy observe you break the law.

7. Rasputin

Rasputin Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Miami - NY

Well you cant fight the ticket on the ground of malfunction because the print out will show that it was functioning properly, but lets just say you let your friend drive your car and gets cought you will be altimatly responsiable for the ticket and what about your driving record, so I guess its all about the money, but I do believe that eventually and unfortunatly it will happen since the proposal is counting on the state making money but with buracracy will eat all the profits anyways so they will increase the fines its a never ending story the end result big brother will be watching

8. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G