Does the enzo deserve that name? | FerrariChat

Does the enzo deserve that name?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ryder, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    If the enzo is not the most beautiful car on the planet (AND IT'S NOT!), and it's not the fastest, and soon will not even be the fastest ferrari (F60) should it be named after Enzo?

2. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I believe it's worthy of the name, "Pedro"... whoever that is?

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    We can call it Dino ....

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Ferrari will always built something better . And yeah the Enzo succesor should be the F60.
    You know I'm always wondering myselft why Ferrari named it the Enzo for this car and not on another future model and why in 2003?

5. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I have no problem calling that car Enzo, and annyways, who could change the name of a car already sold out?
    Plus, when Ferrari makes the sucessor to the Enzo (not the F60 thats due in a few years, but the range-topping supercar after that, before the F70) they can use the name Enzo again.

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i don't see why not; like John T said, Ferrari will always build something better, so what should they do, never use the name or never build a car better than the NNO...? The anniversary cars should probably keep continuity and be the F60, F70, etc.
    Also, as mentioned, the NNO could be a series, complete with a successor that could also be called the NNO...

& for what it's worth, i think the NNO is the most beautiful car the world has, does and will ever see. :)

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sure;

Enzo was not the most hansome man on the planet,
    Enzo was not the fastest sprinter on the planet,
    Enzo was not even the fastest wine drinker on the planet,

So what was your point?

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wow never thought of a Enzo series! Thats a great idea!!

9. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    NNO
    don't you think your disrespecting Mr Enzo by always calling him and his car NNO?

As for the question yes it deserves it, but I hope they get that side window design better next time.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    We are questioning the sanity of the Italians here ... come on, rational thinking was/is never part of their game. Naming their currently greatest car after the companies creator was supposed to be some sort of acknowledgement (stated by Luca) to the great (?) man.

I have read atleast one article that laughed at the stupidity of naming the car the Enzo because the next car will obviously (er, hopefully) be better, etc.

I must say the Enzo series is a bloody good idea ... but if I could time travel I would go back and knock some sense into the idiot that decided to name a car Enzo Ferrari Ferrari ... numbers are so much better and easier, and personally cooler ;)

Pete

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, do you...? It's not meant as disrespect...

12. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Do you remember Dave and I trying to talk you out of it for a user name? Referring to the car as NNO is a bit silly :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, Mark, that's a cool chop...!
    i don't think it's silly and that's all that matters... :)

14. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Uhhh... It's not a chop. That's Enzo's signature on a plate in an Enzo.

Well as long as you like it :) It's probably a good thing that you keep NNO as a username for a while. It's a lot of work making dozens of photochops to make fun of you :D

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...

Funny, the plate in the picture looks like two Ns and an O... My mistake...

16. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Luca seemed to think that it would be a good way of showing respect for "the man". I can appreciate his concern for the founder of all of Ferrari.

17. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Maybe the suits at Ferrari were throwing darts at a board to come with the next model name and 'Enzo' lucked out. Regardless, I could look at black and white pics all day long of the man racing around a track in those goofy looking WWI fighter goggles. One of the first things I did after getting the TR was shelling out a few hundred more to get an authentic item signed by Mr. F. It's a little postcard with his last name clearly signed in ink, which is framed and hangs on the garage wall in front of one of the beauties that bears his (last) name...

Anyway just be thankful he didn't have a kid named Edsel...

18. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Yeah, or elton

19. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    Its still a Ferrari, and thats always special, its unique and it stays unique.
    There are only 399 Enzo Ferrari's, and to have one is a honor and the people who have it should be proud to ride in a enzo.
    No matter if it is 2040 or something it still is an enzo, a unique piece of art and it will be like that forever!!!
    It doesn't matter when you call a ferrari, enzo ferrari because there will always be someting better, but it doesn't have to be the best.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gee NNO (DES) I thought you would have known that ... and I thought you had been for rides in an Enzo (?) ...

Got to keep that trivia knowledge up for that Enzo Ferrari trivia game that has yet to come out :D

Pete

21. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #21 F1racer, Jan 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's another pic..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Definitley! The car is amazing!!!!! If you haven't driven one, Drive one and you'll see!

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I think its very worthy of the name. Great car, amazing power, great brakes , perfect handling .

24. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Cool. I'll be over this weekend... whats your house number again?

just kidding!

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Pete... i've seen the plate before and yeah, i've been for a ride in an NNO before, it just looked like Mark chopped the picture he posted... i guess just the fact that he posted a picture at all had me half-way convinced that he'd "touched" it in some way...