308 misc parts needed | FerrariChat

308 misc parts needed

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Quasimotor, Jan 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Hey gang. I'm cold here in NY and going crazy. Working on the F-car is my only diversion. Not much to do on this car, but little stuff. Here's a list of parts I need if anyone out there has em. Send me your list and prices if you want to do some winter trading. Prefer good used to new. My car is a 1984 GTS QV (Euro)

- Driver's turn signal lens
    - Driver's side marker (amber)
    - Black plastic escutcheon around rear deck lid release (Done need entire release with latch, unless it's inseparable from black plastic)
    - Pininfarina badge (with hold clips behind fender?)
    - Tool kit
    - Leatherette portfolio to hold the warrantee and owner's manual

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have a tool kit email me at [email protected]. It is missing one wrench but I'm sure I can get it replaced before I sell it to you.

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    New badges and stuff can be sourced reasonably from Black Bart's Emporium (web site), and perhaps the lenses and stuff from GT Auto Parts in Arizona (less expensive Ferrari recycler) or Re - Origininals (more expensive, web site). there is also a guy named Fred Petroske who has a few 308s he is parting out (advertises in Hemmings under ferrari Parts)
    On the road not near my notes, so don't have links and addresses.
    best
    rt

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Brian at Ferrari Parts Exchange (although I think he moved to Tonkin) was able to source new Euro TS lenses, I think for $50 or 60 each. From what I recall, Ted (Rutlands) has them too. Both online. My guess is Ted can access the other parts too if someone here doesn't pipe up.

5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Check with Ferrari UK for the parts particularly the marker lights. I bought my bumper lights for something like 16 pounds each. This was MUCH cheaper than anywhere else.

6. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Ferrari Parts Exchange is Lyle Tanner Enterprises. Just so you know: ferraripartsexchange.com. Nice folks, fair prices. Judy is working on other items on my list and I find her very helpful (got a warranty book for $50 - nice!). Same goes for Mark at Rutlands. Both only have new lenses, as you noted $60 for the front. But I'm always looking to find private sources and swappers. If anyone is rebuilding a right side 308 fan motor, BTW, I have the one I replaced for body, fan, clips, etc.

7. Gianluca

Gianluca Formula Junior

May 6, 2003
    Centreville, Virgini
    Full Name:
    Gianluca Chegai
    For the prtofolio, I guess any bookbinder should be able to reproduce one. Of course it would not be original but it can be made to be virtually identical. While this option may not be cheap, (for just one) it may be less money than the traditional sources.
    Does anyone have a picture of it? If made in some small quantity (20-30) I may do it for the Fchat folks at a reasonable price or just check with your local bookbinder.

8. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    I have reproduced the leather owners manual pouches in tan leather; same size etc. as the originals. No stamping of logos. These are not concours correct, but are reproductions of the originals. $85.00

If interested, email me: [email protected]

9. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    I need both of these too. I think Pininfarina badge is available for $20 new from Ferrari UK...

-Wayne

10. dpardyferrari

dpardyferrari Karting

Aug 7, 2002
    Brunswick Maine
    Full Name:
    Darrell Pardy
    Try ebay as well. I've bought brand new parts (still in the wrapper/box) there at great prices. Make sure the seller has a good rating!!

11. Quasimotor

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    Well I got mine used for a good price, but here is what I learned in the search. The company in Italy that makes all the new ones (only co authorized by Enzo), is Ragni Franco in Turin. This is where Black Barts gets his and probably where the guy on Ebay gets his. The price (part PF57) is 26 euros, which translates to about $33, but the shipping and handling is about $10. So it comes out to what the Ebay starts his bidding at I think. At least you now know the bottom price new.

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Check out Badges & Emblems (pg 67) in International-Auto's catalog:

http://www.international-auto.com/pdf_download.html

Their 'designo de' letters are raised slightly relative to the 'pininfarina' script. This matches my '82 Euro 308 GTS QV's medallion. The eBAY, etc. medallions have the 'designo de' inline with the script.

Their medallionn is $36 + shipping. - Hard to beat.

13. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    Ferrari of UK: #20043105 20.40 pounds, or about $30 for the original Ferrari one. www.owners.ferrari.com

-Wayne