Reserved parking space vigillante | FerrariChat

Reserved parking space vigillante

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by lukek, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Drove the Ferrari to the office today, so my day started OK.
    Last year, I participated in a charity auction at work and won a reserved parking space (parking garage is always full). It was a significant sum for only 3 months, but well withing my yearly giving budget. I should also add that I am not the type of person who totally babies the car and parks across 3 spaces at the mall, I just like the in/out convenience at work to run errands.
    So....I got in at 8, parked her in the designated spot, went in for one meeting...At 10am, I left to visit a preschool (we are trying to decide which one). Upon returning, some as%wipe parked in my spot (marked reserved in 3 places). I called security and gave them the plates. They have this stupid policy of not towing, they just put "warning" tickets on the windshield. No teeth, everyone ignores them. But in the end, they actually called the guy and told him to move the car. What should I do now?

1. Do nothing (mature thing)
    2. Key the car (kind of wrong, but it was the first instinct)
    3. Put an additional sign by the space that reads: "This space was purchased through a charity auction. If you are parisitic, camel probing, gerbil genital munching, something for nothing kind of person, please park here. You are exempt from rules of society, sorry to impose with this sign. It obviously does not apply to you, as you are very special.
    4. Security gave me his name ! I could put an ad in the local online ad board and list his car for a very low price. Something like this: "2000 Honda Civic, just got laid off, must return to homeland, $1300, catching the plane in 2 days, INS says "must go". Listing his work number would be no problem in the ad.
    5. Call him up and ask him if we had a urinary emergency, forgot his bifocals, or maybe there is an explanation of some sort...
    6. Calm down, it is just a parking space (same as "1")

thx
    luke

2. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    7. Go to local autoparts store, buy two rolling floor jacks. Have friend help you jack car up, and roll it to the middle of the parking garage lane (or somewhere more fun...up to you). Park your car in your spot.

8. Strip the car for parts, sell them on ebay to repay you the money for a spot you are unable to use.

3. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    #4 would be awesome, and highly annoying

4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    The nasty followup reactions are fun to dream about, but are almost a cinch to result in vandalism to YOUR car.

A long time ago I worked at a dealership where we pulled a variation on #7. Some idiot parked in one of the few reserved spots while visiting an apartment next door. We saw him. We jacked up his car and put it on blocks, wouldn't let him leave until he apologized.

5. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Marin Calif
    # 3 - A sign. This space was purchased through a charity auction.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Just pull the valve stems from the rims with some pliers, throw 'em as far as you can, and keep walking, whistling quietly to yourself!

My .02

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Just block them in with your car (maybe your other car) and wait to confront the driver!

Q: What if is an apologetic HOT MAMA???? All this angst and she'll get the best of ya! :)

DL

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    sorta shocked to see a fellow ferrari ethusiast mention "key his car". pretty pathetic. go ahead and key it - prove your the punk instead of him - especially when your driving a car that has alot more to lose.

sounds like this happened one time? get the parking garage people to handle it, complain to the building mgmt about the garage policies if they fail to satisfy your compliant and suck it up.

if it becomes a common occurance with this guy - confront him in person

9. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I have never done this mind you,
    (but I sure have thought about it)
    but this to me is the most
    harmless way to get your message across.

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Go to the local book store and pull out the blown in subscription cards from all the wierd magazines that you can find. Womens mags, alternative lifestyles, strange hobbies, etc. Fill out all of the cards with his name and work address, then mail them in. About a month later he'll start getting magazines and bills for them. Your payback will take so long he'll never know where it came from.

11. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    That's a good one.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, this fat pig jammed her Suburban into a compact space next to me,
    opened her door slamming a 6" crease into the rear quarter of my then new Trans Am.

Smiled at me as I SAT IN THE CAR, and then waddled off into the KMart.

I drove off, but I think she had to visit the automotive department
    before she could go anywhere else.

"THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!!!" Flip Wilson

Of course that was before the Irish Traveller was caught on film beating the $##%^$ out of her kid.

13. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Dude, it's a parking space. One time occurrence. Why get so worked up over it? Find an open slot and walk a little more. If it doesn't happen again, no harm done. You did it for charity, not for the parking space per se, right?

Your post is pretty sad.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    #10 'wax' his car with brake fluid--creats a good shine (for a while), sinks through the paint and bonds with the metal. Then it spends its time absorbing moisture from the air and corroding the paint. While you are at it, you can dress his tires with brake fluid and they will decompose over the next month.

#11 Put 5 micron diamond lapping compound in his gas tank. This compound is small enough to pass through the fuel filters and creates massive wear on internal engine parts. Injectors, valves, valve seats, rings and bores are all toast.

15. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I decided to do nothing (of course), but I enjoyed the creative posts (2 hydraulic jacks, or subscription to Teen Spirit were especially good).
    At the time I found a parking space 3 floors up, so it was no big deal.

thx
    luke

16. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I guess I will pepper the next one with smileys to clue you in that I never ***condidered*** keying anyone's car.

What is sad is how you drive. On the last norcal run, you were weaving in and out of traffic at (at least) 120 mph. You will kill someone having your fun. A little issue with a parking space pales in comparison.

thx
    luke

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now THERE's a call out!

You tell 'em, Luke!

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Someone put keys to my Caddy Eldorado back in the day they were about 22' long.

I left it for years. When people would ask, I'd say:

"Galvestonian pin striping. It's an option." LOL

Poor Dupont Imron paint chips were still hanging on one side of the scratch, for dear life. Rough neighborhood next to UTMB. we did a lot of gunshot business.

19. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This reminds me of that Tim Allen Movie "Joe Somebody."

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Impala, did your gf like the poll results????

She's cute.

Just don't let her go to Key West for spring break. Anything could happen!!!

21. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yea she liked the results. and hell no i wouldnt let her go somewhere like that without me there.I hate it when other guys even talk to her when im not there.

22. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I know what your sayin' bro. My babe's like that. We'll go see a band and THEY try to hit on her!

But if you got a good one, no worries.

It lets 'em know they still got "it". If you treat 'em the best, they're fools to leave.

From someone who still gets those late night, crying phone calls, from prison, COLLECT.

23. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Here is an update to the story:

I came back to fetch the car at 5pm today and someone KEYED MY CAR !!!! Every surface and panel of the Ferrari !
    I gave the police officer the name of the person whom I reported yesterday, and we will see what happens.
    Crap...I do not think the guy got towed yesterday, they just called him and asked him to move it.

Arghhh......

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That'll be your undoing!!

DL

25. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #666 Poop on their hood.
    #667 Carve "I can't read parking signs" on the rear of the car.
    #668 toss a milkshake on the windshield even wet it is hard to get off with wipers because it smears, when druy, they be f'd
    #669 leave a piece of oily salami on the hood, will definately leave stain/take off paint.
    #670 spill honey on the car, and let killer bees do the work
    #671 lossen all the lugnuts, then cross thread them
    #672 look for open window, toss in sardines on hot day
    #673 pay burly homeless guy $20 to "watch the car/beat up repo guy coming to get it"