Picking a location for x-mas party | FerrariChat

Picking a location for x-mas party

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by robiferretti, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

how much would you be willing to spend per person

1. $30 or under

2. $40-$50

3. $50-$60

4. who cares, as long as its a good time (but under $100) :)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Just so i can ball park this and narrow down choices...
    Criteria for the party are.
    1. on or very close to a major highway.
    2. Cnetral location for tri -state area
    3. big parking lot
    4. lodgeing near by in case the drinks flow to freely
    5. good food

Now last year we had about 40 people show up and had a good time, but after we did a few burnouts thing in the parking lot and a bunch of cops and firetrucks came we have to pick a new place :)

So i am just curious what peoples spending limits would be with drinks...

last year it was $15 a person for food and soda. unlimited bottled beer and food was $30 a person.

I was looking into places like mt fuji. (excellent food) great atmosphere and view But it would probably end up being $50-$60 a person. I just wanna gauge spending limits here so that no one is scared away from coming. I want to have it at a place where everyone can come and have fun.

i'm gonna post a poll.

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Last year's was great, and i hope that there is either another party with those guys or that they will be told about this one. I didnt really know those guys too well, but they were all good guys. Too bad the Tin Alley is not an option. That setup was perfect.

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hi Rob: This an f chatter's Holiday party? Sounds like a great idea.
    If you are organizing, thanks!!

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Yes this is an F-chat holiday party, someone has to take chage might as well get the day blocked off early so people can plan around it

5. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    and we couldnt have foind a better person to plan it. I think it would be a good idea for it to be like a cocktail party type thing with apetizers and beer being served (with a higher cover if the person wants to drink beer), and if people want cocktails, they can go to the bar and get them.
    I dont think the noise and smoke will be a problem because i dont know how many fcar owners will do 30 second brakestands leaving the lot.

6. MPalilonis

MPalilonis Karting

Sep 30, 2003
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Rob and everyone else,
    My name is Mike Palilonis, I live just outside Philadelphia and was looking to come and hang out with you guys and learn more about Ferrari's. I've always read your guys posts and tried to help out some of you with what knowledge I know.
    Right now I am at college, but will be home for the christmas season. I was wondering on what date you guys planned on having the holiday party? Is it going to be before christmas or after? Hopefully it will be around the 20th or 21st, that is when I am arriving home for the holiday's.
    I look forward to meeting you guys, hopefully I can convince my neighbor to come with his 89' countach, he sold his 308 to get this, even though it is not a Ferrari but he still loves them.
    If you need some help or if there is anything I can do to help make the party go smoothly just let me know!
    Take care guys. :)

~Mike P.

7. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Sounds like fun fellas!! Keep me posted on the when & where... Definitely before the snow falls, cause thats when the TR will be going in for her major & a few other tweaks!! Take it easy!!

- Hutch