Barret Jackson Auction | FerrariChat

Barret Jackson Auction

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    its on speed right now if anyone wants to watch it. A Olds 442 jsut went for 64,000

2. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    thanks,

watching it right now,

theres gona be alot of f-cars here

3. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Yes sometimes it's funny watching some of these people get "caught up" in a bidding war. More than once I have seen cars go for WAY more then what they should have.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    they sold a old Ford pickup for $40,000 to some old guy in a Ferrari hat and the announcers go "Be nice to haul the Ferrari in." it was kinda funny.

5. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That Hennessey Viper went fairly cheap really.The guys a slimeball but his cars are pretty fast.

6. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I went down for a few hours tonight. It was not too crowded, very enjoyable. We've had a bit of rain, and the grass areas are pretty muddy. I am wondering if any cars will get stuck as they work their way up to the staging area/auction block. It is interesting that they let you so close to the auction itself. Alain DeCadanet was 10' away, doing his thing.

Not sure what day it will auction, but say a 308 rebodied as a 288 GTO convertible. It didn't look very nice, but am curious as to what it will bring $$. Near it was a yellow dino, I love dinos.

Anyhow, I am hoping to make it back down on Saturday. They crowds should be a bit bigger then.

-John

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I was up on the stage for a while. There are some ridiculous prices that people are getting. However, I did see a 1979 Porsche 930 Turbo go for 18k which is a steal. It was gold, though. Bfore I came, I didn't think that I would get anything that I am looking for a decent price. Since I have been here, that has only been reaffirmed. This place is killer though. The atmosphere is fantastic.

John, come check me out. We have a corner vendor's booth in the vendor area situated in between the entrance for the cars for the stage and the exit of the cars on the stage. The booth/tent we are in is directly across from a wheel retailer and we face south. I think.

8. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Sherpa - I'll make a point of finding your booth on Saturday. It is a carnival atmosphere. I'm not convinved it's the best way to buy or sell a car, unless you are Craig Jackson.... It is still fascinating to watch, and the variety of cars is staggering.

9. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    And towards the end of the evening a very nice gray/black 365 GTC/4 went for $40,500. Seemed like someone got a great deal there!

Mark

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    John;

That one is scheduled for auction on Saturday as well as several Ferrari's. Hope to meet you over there :)

Rob

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It was gray on tan... but AGH! I watched that, and freaked out: I would have bought that car for that price, right now!

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was watching the auction last night and a guy was bidding on a Shelby KR and the car ended up going to him for over 300K and I was wondering do people get to check these cars out ahead of time? Does Barret Jackson check out the cars before they are allowed on the block?

13. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    They can check the cars out before hand, and B-J only lets in cars they think will bring big $$$. It's still buyer beware, though.