new rubber for 355 | FerrariChat

new rubber for 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by rossomonza355, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. any comments or experience with Pirelli P Zero tires on a 355? My 98 Berlinetta has 5,800K with the original Bridgestone rubber. I have used the Pirellis on Porsches before, but am new to Ferrari.
    Thanks for helping the newbie out.

2. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I just put a set of P-Zero's on my 95 355. They were great although I did not track the car...

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I am using S03s on my F355; 225/40ZR18 front and 275/40ZR18 rear. Basically, I get 5,000 street miles and 15 track days on a set. These tires last 3 times as long as the brake pads.......at the track...

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I put Pzeros on after the Bridgestones wore out, (99 355F1 15,000mi)
    In my opinion the Pzeros are not quite as grippy as the Bridgestones on the track, but are more consistent, not as prone to going away after a few laps. All in all, they seem to be a good all around tire. Now the tires outlast the brakes, which was not the case with Bridgestones.

5. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    If you put anything else other than the P-Zero Corsa, you are missing out. A Fantastic race/street tire. The CORSA was designed specifically for the Stradale. That should say it all, but I'll say more.
    These tires are simply the best tires I've every had on a track/street car. Amazing grip on the track, and comfortable enouph to drive everyday. Forget all others. The CORSA is it.

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

The PZeros will last longer, but don't stick as well. For street use, it makes no difference. If you're going to track the car, then the S03s are probably better. I've had both, and frankly prefer the Pzeros.

Art

7. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    There are two different Pzeros. The Pzero CORSA is the new tire.

8. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    P Zeros for me and i like them fine, but i don't track the car.

Stan