Three ways of getting to 60MPH in about 5 sec. | FerrariChat

Three ways of getting to 60MPH in about 5 sec.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F SPIDER, Jan 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Since last week I'm driving now three cars that will go from 0-60 in about 5 seconds.

Ferrari Daytona:

The most involved to get to 60. But far away the best sound of course. Heavy car and you really have to rev it to extract the best time out of it. Before I had the Cayenne, I never thought that the Daytona lacked any torque.

Cayenne Turbo:

Does it without any feeling. And is also the fastest of the three. Gobs of torque, no sound. Power corrupts. You get used to it. Too good a car, very boring after a while.

Lotus Elise:

I'm driving the Series 2 Elise base model in the Netherlands with sport exhaust and K&N filter. Very noisy, very light (400LB lighter than the US Elise). Very nimble, wonderful steering, ugly sound. In many ways as basic a driving experience as the Daytona.

Rijk

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    You took delivery ? !! Congrats !! The Elise is a wonderful toy and an amazing car that can bring a lof of fun in todays Europe "lets annihilate the cars enthusiasts" ...

Pics ! pics ! pics !

3. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #3 Prowler, Jan 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    His cars average 5.0 between the three. Average your bike with the car behind it and you are probably in the 10 sec. range. :)

5. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt

make that 15 sec....lol.

actually...the toyota is heavily breathed on.it is no slouch.1800 pounds and 225hp.but....it is not a ferrari by any means.

:(

oh well...but that's why i have the bike..... :)

6. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    It sounds faster than most Ferraris.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    UMMMMMMM a Daytona a " BASIC " driving experience??????? i need to get out more and find more stuff to test drive!

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Don't forget this underdog.

2004 Subaru WRX STI 0 to 60 4.88 seconds. :)

9. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I didn't forget that one, I just don't have one. Whart has one.

Rijk

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    All right, I'm picking nits here...but a Daytona will not do 0-60 in 5 seconds...except one that may be "race prepped". The Euro version was tested as doing it in around 6 seconds....actually 0-62 (100kph) in 6.1 seconds.

I've raced my buddy from a 25 mph rolling start in 2nd gear (in my "**** box" 328GTS and beat him by over a car length to 80. Of course his car may be slightly out of tune, so let's say we were "even". I know the 328 has been tested 0-60 in 6 seconds, so that would be about right.

Either way, the sound of a Daytona cannot be beat, it is awesome! I actually have two friends that have them, and they both live just a few blocks from me. One black/natural with Borannis, the other red/tan with Cromadoras.

11. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Dave,

That is why I said "in about 5 sec.". I have never seen a publication about a Daytona that is over 6 sec. Usually they range between 5.4 and 5.9

Rijk

12. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Georous bike. Much like my 2003 R1!
    The thrill is simply unmatchable, in my case!

13. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I can't get a photo with all three cars together, but I can get the keys in one location.

Rijk

14. ART360

ART360 Guest

I've got a 03 GSXR 1000, that has been leaned on slightly. About 160HP at the rear wheel, with a little weight taken off it. I think 0 - 100 in about 4.5 seconds is about right.

art

15. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Hey Rijk, congrats on your recent 'publication' in the letters section of the latest Road+Track regarding the M3/S4 comparo. I read the name and immediately visualized your Daytona.

My E30 318is is about 0-60 in 9 seconds, so I'll just excuse myself from the conversation ;)

BTW- How has the reliability been in the Cayenne??

16. Slim

Slim Formula 3

Oct 11, 2001
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    richard
    Well, whatever you've done to that Toyota wagon, I want to do to my daily driver Fiat 131 wagon! It's 1800cc of california smog regulated misery and I'm lucky to get to 60 in 10 or 12 seconds. One more smog test though and I'm all over the dual weber IDFs and higher comp pistons and upgraded cams.

The Datyona purchase will have to wait a few more years I'm afraid, ha!