pagani zonda | FerrariChat

pagani zonda

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ross, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    saw one on my street (kensington church street) today, being driven by an older gentleman with white hair, and he had a passenger - and boy did they look tight in that thing.
    first time i have seen one outside of a static display. it looked other-wordly and was stopping traffic. the sound was nothing too special though, no where near the idle rumble of a murci or an enzo. it looked easy to drive too - the guy didn't appear to be struggling with a heavy wheel etc.
    anybody driven one?

2. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    I have never driven a Zonda, but a saw the car once in my life and he has really impressed me. The engine is really amazing to see, I didn't hear him. The exhausts are so well designed :|

I love the Zonda MUCH more than the Murcielago !

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Me too!

4. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    The first time I see a Pagani Zonda on the road I don't realize what it was going on ! It was just amazing and incredible. The sound of its V12 Mercedes-Benz play something like a Ferrari .... no like a real Supercar, not an hybrid-supercar like their SLR.

After Ferrari, there is Pagani Zonda c12s carbon, Aston Martin Vanquish, Saleen, Ford GT and Lamborghini Murci for me.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Meh, this car leaves me cold.

I have seen already a few on the road and it really doesnt turn me on.

And yes , the sound is completly uninspiring..almost boring.

6. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Come on amenasce, when you see this car from the rear with these famous exhausts, dont' you like ?

7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Nop. Too tacky. Looks like a teen came up with that idea ...

It must be a blast to drive as its lightweight and powerfull but its certainly not what i like stylewise.

F40 anyday...:)

8. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    I'm with Amanasce .... looks like some highschool'r designed the thing from a tacky boy-racer perspective. Which may also answer the question, "Why in the hell is it so damn fugly??" I mean really really brutally ugly (brugly?). I'd take a Koenigsegg over that thing in a heartbeat!

Bill in Brooklyn

9. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I absolutely love the Zonda. I will say that the exhaust and the "buckles" used to keep the rear deck secure are my least favorite. I would be torn between buying it and Murci, I love both.

What I don't understand is how people think the engine note is not inspiring. I mean how subdued can a 7.3L AMG V12 engine sound?? At any rate the one on the 5th Gear video with Tiff Needle sound undstanding in my book.

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Agreed.

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    With the exception of Allan who wouldnt. I personelly do like the Zonda though, the glove box on it its so cool looking.

12. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I've never seen one in the flesh so I'll lose some credibility there no doubt. With that said I like the split rear wing, glove box, exhuast, headlights... the whole car! :) I think the new raw, dare I say boyracer, look is what many super cars are about. When the Miura, Countach and Enzo came out they certainly didn't follow the norms of design in their exterior lines and lacked the classic design cues of cars from their day. That 'new-strange' contriversial look is seen in many great supercars... in my opinion. Their look carries the character of the car for all to see and is as essential as thier sound and impractibility as far as defining them as supercars. Just my two cents.
    But I'd take the F40 as well, ;) I've heard their amazing drivers cars!

13. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Amen :) Still my favorite supercar! It always will be!

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Had the great fortune to see one in Goodwood:

15. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    I am generally a fan of all supercars. I do really like the Zonda although I have not seen one in person. I do not like the Koenigsegg for some reason though. The only thing I do not like on the Zonda is the twin spoilers. But I could live with.

and F40s rule.

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is absolutely breathtaking. Let's be honest, if it were a Ferrari, we would put it on a pedestal.

17. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    definately like the exhaust.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No wonder they used one in "The Amazing Race".

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh, man you're nuts - :D...

Not that i want to turn this into a numbers thread, but how does the Zonda compare to the F40 on the track...? The Zonda looks SOOO awesome...

20. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Wow, I don't usually like Black sports cars, but the Zonda looks amazing in black.

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    zonda all the way! How many are they making?

22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Hehe..yes im nuts !

I guess the F40 with upgraded brakes and modern tyres would be a very close match to the Zonda.

23. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Everything I've ever seen/read on the Zonda S indicates that it would destroy a non race-prepped stock F40, including its particularly strong Nurburgring times.

Strip an F40 down for track duty and upgrade it a bit, as a good many of their owners do, and it's a fair bet that it easily exceeds the Zonda.

24. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    BTW that Chrysler super car posted here a couple of weeks ago from the detroit autoshow was desigined in part by the Pagani shop in Italy