ENZO sighting in N. Indiana and Michigan... who's car? | FerrariChat

ENZO sighting in N. Indiana and Michigan... who's car?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by JeremyG, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Younger driver, maybe mid-30's... driving from Cassopolis St. in Elkhart, Indiana, north to US12 in Michigan, north on M-40 to M-60 east to the lakes area (Cory lake, etc)

Just wanted to know if that car lives around here and if so if I could be HONORED enough to possibly do some backroads cruising with him?

I own a highly modified Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo (owner actually rubber-necked to check out MY car when we passed each other) that could "sort-of" keep up with him. (by sort-of I mean I'm modified to about 425 all-wheel horsepower--about 550 at the crank but of course can't turn like an Enzo):) I would LOVE to meet up and check out that beautiful car.

Can anyone help me?

2. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    What color was the car? Were the plates from Michigan or Indiana?

3. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the plates. It was red, though.

The whole story is that I was up on the corner of M-40 abnd M62 in my crappy Durango, waiting to meet with my sister to return my kids (they stayed with her for the weekend). I was parked in the parking lot of a gas station and only saw him as he drove past, was more interested in looking at the car than looking at the plate. :) At the time I didn't even know it was an Enzo, but I wrote down some distinguishing features (the Ferrari logo just behind the front wheels, the big-mouthed front bumper, and the huge air scoop ahead of the rear wheels) and I'm 150% sure it was an Enzo!

My wife saw him driving down in Elkhart while she was driving our Stealth. They met head-on at an interection and she said he even turned around to watch our car as he went by (which is a HUGE compliment!). She couldn't get turned around in time to try to catch up with him, unfortunately... because she had our video cam in the car. :(

Then he took all those roads to go right past me (which is a HUGE coincidence if you think about it since I was at least 25 miles away). I called my wife to tell her "man I wish I had the Stealth" and she said, "yeah you're gonna wish you were down here, I just saw a Ferrari".

We laughed because I'm sure we saw the same car. :)

And I was bummed because I know those roads so well, IF he was up to some, ahem... less-than-legal speeds, I'd have felt really comfortable with it.

My car isn't QUITE as fast as the Enzo.. 12.05 @ 117 in the 1/4 but my top speed, theoretically, would be around 205 (redline in 5th and I believe I have the HP to do it). Not that I would, because I chickened out at 155 and the car was still accellerating HARD. It would have been FUN, even following behind. !!

So anyway, any help in contacting the owner would be great. There's a guy locally that has the Lingenfelter Corvette as well as some very highly modded Porche so it's possible he could have the Enzo as well, but I'm pretty into the high-end car scene around here and never heard about it.

I also know some of the people in Kalamazoo, MI (not far from where he went past me) who own high-end cars... high-ups in Stryker and Pharmacia who have a huge barn up in Gull Lake with classics and sports cars... wonder if they picked up an Enzo. :)

4. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    UPDATE: A friend of mine saw the Enzo AGAIN TODAY!

It was driving on SR23 between South Bend and Mishawaka, Indiana.

He said it had "orangish" out-of-state plates. Have no idea what state that would be... but he's been here at least a week so far.

The description of the driver was even younger than mine... mid 20's male.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    New Jersey is yellow. Isn't Nevada orange?

6. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    maybe he was checking your wife out instead of her car :)

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFL...!

8. JeremyG

JeremyG Rookie

Nov 9, 2003
    He can have a run at her if I could get a ride in his car! :)

BTW, ANOTHER friend saw it at the same time and told me he was pretty sure they were NEW MEXICO plates. :)

this help in the search for the owner??

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    time correction

10. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    there was a red one at cauley with the yellow but i did not get to see it up close or find out the owner:( i want to see one on the road

11. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'd be damned if it's not his Daddy's car