Very Sad News | FerrariChat

Very Sad News

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 308nut, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Two weeks ago a man with a real enthusiasts dream to own what he thought was the greatest car in the world. After saving his money for many many years his dream came true. Two days after Christmas I was approached and asked if he could come see my 512M that I had for sale. I sad of course, he flew in, in his own plane on Jan. 6th, he looked over the car and fell in love, he told me how he had been wanting a Ferrari for 40 years and this particular model for the last 8. We struck a deal and he paid for the car on hte spot, a very determined man a one of the nicest men I have ever met. He flew home and 3 days later he drove from Texas and picked hte car up himself that is how excited he was. He told me that he never told his family he was buying it because he wanted it to be a suprise. He left and he called me when he got home to tell me he was safe and the drive was good. A couple of days later he called and subsequently called a few more times to tell me how excited and please he was to own his dream car. Well, I received a call from his wife a couple of hours ago and after recording 83 miles on his new Ferrari he was killed very trajectly in a plane crash, he was 53 years old. I was devistated he was the easiest sale I have ever had, just a man who knew exactly what he wanted in life. Very sad, very very sad.

Wade

2. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Oh man, how sad. My condolences to his wife, may he rest in peace. Poor man. At least he got his wish and dream fulfilled before he died. I'm sure he died happy. Reminds me of Jens and Amar :(

Con Saluti Cordiallisimmi

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Oh man...

This is so sad ! I hope he went away while dreaming of his last blast with the 512 M..

RIP Mr 512 M .

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Oh man that is a real shame :( Im very very sorry to hear that. At least he was able to see 83 miles in his life long dream.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    This sad story should be a lesson to all garage queens owners..

You never know when you ll get to drive it next.

6. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    puts a frog in your throat for sure. Terrible.

:(

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    :( :( :(

We both love the same car. So sad. :(

My best to his family.

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    It is sad to know, but in another sense... he lived up to his dreams and seemed to wait till the end to get what he wanted. I know, it isn't a great way of seeing it, but it's just a different perspective. It's also nice to know that you have ties in with the wife that did not know about the car when he was buying it. Thanks for the post.

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Truly a sading and devasting thing. But as someone allready said he did achieve his dream before going and he was married.To me that would lead me to believe he lead a full life.

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wow thats a powerful story. So sorry.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Atleast he could forfill one of his dreams, I know it's sad, but I'm sure the last 3 weeks of his life were the best he ever had

12. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I agree with those that say this man likely died feeling very fulfilled with his life. He obvoiusly was a good person who will be missed. Sad :(

13. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Holy cow what a tragedy.
    Glad to hear he did fulfill his dream.

May God bless his family in their time of sorrow.

14. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That is very sad indeed. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family and friends. :(

15. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Reminds me how lucky we all are.

DJ

17. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq

Amen! Take nothing for granted...

18. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Author: GEORGE CARLIN (His wife recently died...)

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness; We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too;much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete. Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever. Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side. Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent. Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again. Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind. HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. " An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -George Carlin

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #19 BigTex, Jan 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Let me see if i can get this right.

My favorite blues DJ in Houston signs off every Saturday morning with this:

Well, I gotta hit the road again... But remember, we are only on this Earth for a very short while, and tomorrow is not promised to us....

So go out, and make someone happy...... TODAY.

That's why I let lil' kids climb all over my car at convenience stores.

The Ferraris in Heaven don't have a service interval.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I don't know who it is, but I know it is true...

21. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I didn't read this in any book but I'm sure it's out there in a better format than I've come up with, but everyone should ask themselves the question "If I died today, did I live a full life?"

If the answer is yes, then that's great, keep doing what you're doing.

If the answer is no, make a list of all the things that you still have left to do and being planning them within reason.

So often we put off things that are important to us and then fate alters our destiny and we're no longer able to take advantage of what was previously there.

One of the little things that was on my list of things left to do for way too many years was to eat at the Windows of the World restaurant that sat near the top of the World Trade Center and offered great views of the harbor. As one of the highest restaurants in the world it always seemed surreal to me to be eating away among the clouds. The WTC was always my favorite building set, awe-inspiring when they were completed when I was a kid, I've had posters of them throughout my life (parent's house, my condo, my house) etc.

Obviously that lifegoal will never be met because I wasted time and figured that I could keep getting away with putting that trip off.

Now that's a small one, but if you have big things left on your list like "taking a lap of the Nurburgring in a Ferrari" or "Visiting the village/town my ancestors came from" then it's time to start making a time schedule and trying to meet it.

You never know when it's your time go.

22. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Very sad, sorry to hear it. :(

23. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We all seem to echo the same sentiment here. A tragic loss, but someone that fulfilled a dream. If you're putting it off, don't.

24. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    well, maybe he couldn't take it(the car) with him :( ...

BUT, could be he took the *memory* of it with him :)

25. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

What a wonderful out look on life!! :) :)