Pics from Barrett Jackson 2004 | FerrariChat

Pics from Barrett Jackson 2004

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 007, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Here are pics from Barrett Jackson this afternoon. Most of the Ferrari autos present were very poor examples. Even from a walk around most of these cars were a 4 out of 10. The 50's and 60's American autos were the best quality at the show. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I was using my camera phone to snap these for you.

2. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  3. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  4. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  5. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  6. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  7. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yep Fiat Dino.

9. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
  10. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    What was wrong with the cars? Were they just not original? Leaking oil? Not clean? What?
    I wouldn't buy a car in AZ no matter what. The heat out there, just destroys interiors, and paint. Plus the place just seems to have nothing buy scam artists running around. Or maybe that's a west coast thing.

11. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    saw one go last night for about 40,000.

12. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    288 GtOHggggawd, This thing was hideous, in no way actually a Ferrari, Almost looked like a Fiero rebody, Very Scary! Yikes!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Don't walk, RUN!!!!!! LOL

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Looks like a 308 with that ugly GTO body kit....mehhhhh !

15. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    The things most noticeable were:

86 Mondial 3.2 with supposedly 11K+ miles, had interior of an untouched 60K car, severe rash on the lower panels, bubbles that looked liked Krylon covered rust!

The grey 365 was very worn, in and out. Pitted chrome, curb rash on the wheels, stained carpets.

The 355, w. 19K miles was OK, very hard seat wear for the miles, dash shrinkage (common I know), Curb rash wheels. Something else strange, on the pax seat was a new in poly bag 355F-1 owners manual (it's a 6sp. car)?????

In summary just weak cars, All but one I beleive were going with no reserve but with the way it goes here every year, these cars will most likely fetch way too much $.

16. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    As for that "288" rebody, the pannels didn't fit worth a hoot, there were no identifiable 308 interior parts I could see. Strange shifter, a hand made looking insturment binnacle with very odd looking gagues, seats were also sort of 80's GM looking. As creative as you guys are with photoshop, even you all couldn't make something this awful! Sorry I didn't get a pic of the inside... I see if I can tomorrow.

17. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    That's funny,
    According to BJ's website the 288 re-body does 196mph. And it's all Ferrari.

18. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Did anybody watch tonite on speed network???

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I did. I am in my mid 40's,and remember when we were buying all those old Camaro's,Mopars,etc...for a few grand,or less! High School cars! Now...Insane!!! (and,you hear it all the time...I wish I'd have kept the ones I had....:) ) Yes,not many Ferrari's this year. I visited their website,and there were 18 Ferrari's,2 Lambo's,3 Masers.(old ones) 1 Lotus,1 Italia,1 Cheetah. The Ferrari's aren't strong right now. But,if you notice who's there buying. It's mostly older guys,who have some Money,and now want to buy the cars that they either always wanted,but could never afford. Or,to "replace" one that they had as a youth. Or that their Dad had. So,that means,in the next 5-10 years. The guys who grew up in the Late 70's,early 80's. Are going to get the cars that they lusted after as youths...all those Ferrari and Lamborghini posters on the walls....Watch. If I could. I'd start buying up as many as I could,and put 'em away. (drive them some,so that they don't dry rot) Because,Ferrari's are really cheap right now. But,I really think that they will will skyrocket someday.

20. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Still plenty of cheap, old Camaros and Mopars where I live. It's interesting, when you pour $80k into a Camaro in restoration costs and bring it to an auction full of 50 year-old guys who've been drinking and reminiscing, only then can you get $110k for a Camaro.

21. Jet911M3

Jet911M3 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Don
    Actually, most of the cars at the auction don't come from AZ, but from all over North America. Therefore, the heat and sun issue is moot. Auctions are by there very nature a risky proposition. No PPI, just a strong visual review and gut feel about the cars. A friend of mine is seriously pursuing a Countach at the show, but he knows it is risky so he has set his top end price to limit his exposure. Not many high-end Italians this year, mostly old Detroit muscle. If any of the Ferrari's were half nice...this year is a time to steal one. Like many here, just wish I had kept my old muscle cars!

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I looked at the 355 today and I didn't see any dash shrinkage at all. What I did see that was pretty bad were the extensive c pillar cracks. The auction is cool but this is a pretty bad place to buy Ferraris.

23. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Supposed to have pozzi blue/gray 550 Barchetta from park place

24. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Run of the mill Ferrari's will not skyrocket. The laws of supply and demand will always dictate pricing. There are too many cars on the market. Never enough buyers willing to take on the onknown expenses of owning a used Italian car. Without a fire sale, Ferrari's are not changing hands! The domestic muscle cars are bringing dollars as a result of supply and demand. There are very few great cars. The ones that come on the market demand a premium. They perform well and look pretty neat. The 1975 and newer Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs etc. don't stand a chance of ever appreciating. Too many cars--Supply and demand.
    My 02 cents.