Maseratis at Daytona 24 | FerrariChat

Maseratis at Daytona 24

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I was just reviewing the entry list and see that there are two different types of Maseratis entered. FoW is entering a Maserati Trofeo and Risi Comp is entering the Maserati Light GT.

When I talked to the Risi guys last week they said they were receiving an all new car for the race and were working feverishily to get it set up for Daytona. The one they tested last week was the prototype car use for the Trofeo and was "very tired". They told me that everyone would be really surprised to see how much faster the new car is than the Trofeo. Now we must wait and see...............

2. Jeff Segal

Jeff Segal Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    I think that while the new Maserati GT cars will be faster, from more development and testing as they build each one. However, I tend to think that the different model names listed on the Grand Am entry lists are more of a typo than anything. They do plan on changing bits and pieces every time a new one is made, which will make the car faster. But as far as I know, they are all still Trofeo "Light" models. Even from the first car to FoW's car there are many changes, so I think this is just more evolution. I'd bet that it is stilla Trofeo Light, albeit maybe with a sequential gearbox instead of the Cambiocorsa. I could be wrong...
    -Jeff