What is the deal with Allan Lambo vs. Des | FerrariChat

What is the deal with Allan Lambo vs. Des

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tifosi69, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Despite my profile, I actually joined F chat a couple years ago but did not properly make the new software transition so my old profile disappeared. Nevertheless, could some one please shed some light on what the deal is between Allan Lambo (who incidently seems like a really cool guy that would be great to have a beer with and shoot the bull about cars, despite the fact that I disagree with his opinion about those over-priced tractors from S'anta Agata, the "Junk-a- llardo" being a perfect case in point) and this other guy named DES, formerly known as "the artist" formerly known as Prince, formerly know as &*%^$# or whatever alias he chooses to use now.

Allan seems to really pick on this guy DES and I was just wondering, what the hell is up? Allan is a truly funny guy on the posts, I was cracking up the other day over the posts regarding this guy DES apparently borrowed money from. Is that car on DES's avatar his? And what is the deal about this Sebring I keep reading about? And what will Rob Lay tell me if I email him about why DES is now in witness protection?

Allan, did DES have an affair with your wife? (just kidding) But seriously, what's the deal?

2. What the fock?

Calling MarkPDX or Rob Lay for cleanup in General Ferrari Discussion.

3. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    DES in witness protection? What, have I missed something here? What has happened? ARGH someone explain to me please ??

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hey, maybe we can have a discussion one day about over priced tractors, vs over priced, underperforming, uninspiring Fiats!

Anyways, i really dont have anything against Des. He's just the poster boy for Fchat. He changed his name so he could get away from the creditors banging down his door. Now he's got some dead guys social security number, and hes about to try and buy a Ferrari 308Gt4 which he will default on, and hide in side a big box he's constructed for him and his model cars. Then his world will be complete. Before he dies, he will write a book of us accomplishments and paint a self portrait.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Really, I don't know why people take you serious. You just crack me up. I like you as much as DES, but you always make me laugh

6. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Ohh boy, here we go...

7. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I'll tell you I dont find all of this very funny. Even though people are trying to be funny and may be trying to say things in jest, I'm put off by bashing a young enthusiast.

At 32 I'm young but no longer a kid. But I remember being that kid. The kid that looked up in awe at the guy down the corner who owned the pantera, the coach who had that awesome green corvette, the football player I followed home and stared from the street as he put his Diablo into the garage, and I remember the guy who I met on a pane coming back from Maranellow after buying a new Ferrari.

I looked up to them in awe. I coun't imagine that I would be so lucky to own one one day.

And I remember how kind the guy with the pantera was to me. And how that made me feel. He treated with respect, and shared his passion, even though I was a kid with no money. And I remember the when the guy with the green corvette stopped and talked to me.

I also remember, just as vividly the football player who gave me the nasty look, asked what the hell I wanted and told me to get lost, and I remember how the guy from on the plane blew me off and acted like I was bothering him for asking.

Now that I have a one or two of the cars I dreamed about as a kid, and I'm stopped, I take my time. I try to treat people, young and old, with the respect they deserve. Whether that person is a young enthusiastic kid, or an adult who is less fortunate than I.

Its important to be kind, and to share your passions. If you happen to be lucky enouph to have an exotic car, my advice is to own it responsibly. A simple kind word to a young person can inspire them and go a long way. So can a mean-spirited comment.

Dont wear it like a gold chain (as many lambo guys often do). Don't use it to scream "I have and you dont"

I find it sadly ironic, that a "chat site" about exotic cars, would bash someone who was so enthusiastic about exotic cars.

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Your story brought a tear to my eyes!

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    johnhoughtaling - I agree - Nice story. Des is a great guy. You just gotta love his enthusiasm - It's one of the things that I liked about F-Chat when I first got here. Now he's drawing a picture of Enzo for me - I guarantee I will hang that proudly in my garage - Rock on Carbon!

10. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Allan - you contradict yourself. You say that you don't really have anything against DES. Yet you then proceed to insult him with talk of:

creditors banging on his door
    buying a car and then defaulting on it
    hiding in a box he built for his model cars

Perhaps he doesn't have the money you have, but he is a Ferrari enthusiast and this is a Ferrari site.

At least DES knows where to post. I enjoy his posts - as many do. Interesting that it annoys you that there is a "Ferrari poster boy" on a Ferrari forum, yet you are the Lambo poster Boy posting on a Ferrari forum. You have never been able to figure out that there is a better chat board for you to wax poetic about the lambo on.

11. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    ******* that was funny. I like the line about the big box for him and his model cars.

DES/Carbonfiber/NNNNNNNNO or whatever his name is, seems like a very nice guy, and is a genuine enthusiast of the marque for sure. I do tune him out though because I know where he stands on any question about Ferrari or exoticars. That doesn't mean that anyone who harps on him a bit wishes he would stop posting, not by a long shot.

He strokes the egos of the F-chatters with his genuflection about even a lowly 308, he's exactly the type of guy that would be KING at NSXPrime.com with their defensive persecution complexes: "Your NSX is the greatest car in the world, let me draw you a picture of Soichiro Honda!" Hell they'd elect him President of the Universe over there.

This is a fansite afterall, hence the attraction of "fans".

But all the "NNO" **** from him has got to stop. It's just ghey when people use abbreviated words to sound hip or something, especially when they use them 14 f-ing times in a single post. He's not doing it for that reason I know, but it still comes off that way.

"I'd buy the NNO from NNO who is NNO and then I'd take the NNO to the track and look at the picture there of NNO and wish I could talk with NNO while in my NNO."

Dude enough. How hard is it to type "Enzo"?

12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m

13. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Mako99?
    ****?
    ghey??

Sounds like you are just irritated that someone else is making up slang as fast as you are.

14. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Well, I am glad we have brought about some replies, I guess you guys are saying DES is just a youngster? If that's the case FORZA FERRARI !!! I was that same kid, just like the guy mentioned about following home the guys in the cool cars. I was very fortunate growing up to have a wealthy father who also shared my passion for cars so I got to actually see some of these cars parked in my garage as a kid, but they never stopped mystifying me. I was out today and some guy on 285 honked his horn at me, I looked over and he was holding a camera out of the window of his truck and he snapped a picture. My son laughed and made a comment and I scolded him and told him that it does not matter what a person has, true auto afficianodos and gear-heads, whether they be tifosi, lamborghinisti (is there such a term Allan?) or whatever are cool, and their respect for our cars should be respected and appreciated, dare I say, fostered by us. They are also future members of the hobby. I went in to a hobby store a few months back and the kid behind the counter asked how can I buy one of those and I replied: "you can work hard and do anything you want in this country" Who knows, maybe I gave that kid some food for thought, maybe he thought I was just being a prick.

BTW, Allan, I just came back from Lamborghini of Atlanta and looked at the Murci, Gallardo and a sweet Diablo VT, I really do like the Diablo. I am looking at that or a 355B or a Testarossa. Allan, do not tell me what you would buy, I think we all already know the answer to that.

Anyway, to DES, you seem alright to me.

16. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003

17. NNO Ferrari

NNO Ferrari Rookie

Jan 13, 2004
    6 feet below Maranello
    Full Name:
    Nno Ferrari
    So, You name-a isa.... Mama MAKO A-Mistake-o?

18. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Geez...this is crazy..You guys with all this money sitting behined a computer talking in a chat room about Ferrari's and concering yourself's with another poster in the forum.
    The guy is going to do what he wants...it is not your place to make assumptions as to why he does the things he does. This a a place were people come to disscus Ferrari. Nothing more. If friendships develop so be it. IT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN. GET A LIFE. with all your cash you should be occupying your time with something else. Or may be you don't have any money to spend to go out because you blew it all on your Ferrari. All flash no cash maybe? Is this why some of you seem to have way to much time on your hands to bash other users? Go find somthing to do with your time. You sound bored.

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL! Uh.... Mr. Ferrari

DL

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ahhh Mikey is defending Des. I guess that means your sleeping with him.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Des is not a kid, he's a grown adult.

22. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Thants kinda funny. Everyone thinks he's in highschool but the poor guy is an adult. I feel for you DES. :)

23. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i wouldnt really call it "sleeping with him" they were both jsut tag teaming your wife.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #24 wax, Jan 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Leave the brides out of the posts. Or is it - the posts out of the brides, I can never remember...

The NNO formerly known as DES has more enthusiasm for Ferrari than money.
    allanlambo, as his username attests, has less enthusiasm for Ferrari, mo' money.

NNO is lovable, but gruff.
    allanlambo is gruff, but lovable.

Opposites attract.

An oldie, but a goodie:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    There are especially some people here on FChat, who are married and/or are old enough to act mature, that act like teenager boys. I can't believe it. I dont want to name names, but grow up. I wonder if these people even act like little boys where they work too........must be pretty pathetic.