Ferrai to pay for 3rd Sauber? | FerrariChat

Ferrai to pay for 3rd Sauber?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by yesod, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is a good move from Ferrari because a) they're the only leading Bridgestone team (as the article correctly states) and b) the Sauber this year is basically last year's Ferrari with this year's engine, so results are comparable.

The money will probably not really be transferred, after all Sauber pays Ferrari 20 Mio for the engines. So basically they'll get a discount.

And I think there is more to the story: Not totally sure on this, but I believe this is the year where the big teams are supposed to give the engines away to the smaller teams so they can survive. Well, Ferrari could now make the point that they already discounted the engine fee by 25%.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well played by Ferrari.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you ask me judging from this quote its better than well played, but masterfully played.Ferrari is number One for a couple reasons and there logic must be one of them.

"Ferrari could push development that little bit faster, but also benefit from being able to run a pseudo-third car of their own. This would make their decision about tyres for the Grand Prix weekend easier and the team would not risk putting too many miles on the single engines each race car is allowed during the weekend."