Beware | FerrariChat

Beware

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by sjmst, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    This an interesting phenomenon. Virtually anyone wearing this hat while driving is someone you want to avoid. They are of course mostly worn by old men who drive slowly and with a lack of confidence anyway. No surprise there. But it is fascinating that the correlation is so strong. Does the DMV actually issue these hats to drivers over the age of 65? In the 5 years or so since I noticed this, I think I saw exactly one driver wearing such a hat who was moving along at a brisk pace. So, if you see this hat in the driver’s seat, make plans to get around the car ASAP. Note: most commonly seen in Buicks.
    Wonder if anyone else noticed this.

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL! Very true :)

Ive got my driving cap in my closet. Im saving it for the day I buy an old 50s british roadster and I can cruise around PCH with my goggles, cap, and scarf waving in the cool beach wind :)

3. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    LMAO...!!! So true....so true.

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Sam

I disagree! I bought one like that from the GAP. I used to wear it backwards and everyone thought it looked cool. Or were they mocking me.....?

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Aha! You see? Who's driving? Not Cameron! He didn't even want to use the car.

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    theres a old guyin my town taht wears one of those hats and he had his wife Stich SS on it in bold red letters.He drives a 35th anniversery Camaro SS but yet he still drives the thing like he dostn even know whats going on.When im that old im going to be driving as fast as ic an.You dont have much time left make the most of it.

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Exactly! You'd think they'd move faster; no time to waste.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    those hats are definitely meant for old folgies. however, if you see young people wearing them, they're probably posers or wannebe's.