612 Scaglietti pics link | FerrariChat

612 Scaglietti pics link

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ATBNM3, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  2. Nice good performance also could beat a 996TT cabrio in drag race.

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Why would you compare this to a cabriolet...? I think the best comparison would be the aston Vanquish.

4. Not really comparing just took a similar 0-60 time off the top of my head the 996 tt cabrio can do it in 4.3 according to robb report. The 612 has really good performance for a 2+2. The AM Vanquish is around 4.8-5.0 to 60.

5. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I love it, Scaglietti out did themselves. The interior is so cool I can't wait to see one in person. Has anyone oreder one of these yet?

6. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Notice the Enzo style steering wheel, dash and instrument cluster? A good move IMO. It shows that they've begun to pass down the concepts from their limited-run super-exotic. But is this really the right car to pass down the Enzo's styling cues? It could be argued that such radically sporty styling isn't appropriate for a car which is meant to be, in theory, even more conservative than the 550/575M. The digital instrument display, however, is of course a step forward for any Ferrari model.

On another note, I strongly dislike the front end.

For one thing, the lights are too small. Also the grill doesn't look right. Nor am I particular fond of the recess going down each side of the car, extending from the rear of the front wheel wells to the end of the doors. Lastly, there is not enough car going ahead of the front wheels. In the side view of the car, you could be forgiven for mistaking the area of the car extending forward of the windscreen as a Mercedes S-class.

I had hoped they would stylise the exterior of this new car to be a cross between the 550/575M and the 456. With the rear of the car, they have achieved this IMO, but unfortunately that is not the case with the front.

Of course, other's opinions may differ.