Patina or just grunge ? | FerrariChat

Patina or just grunge ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WILLIAM H, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I was talking to Martin at Cavallino this weekend, he told me my 512TR was beat up & I told him its patina :) Where do you guys sit ? My TR is no show queen, We love the track & she has the battle scracthes in her paint to show it. I think it just makes her look meaner. I may repaint her next year but I like the lived in look

2. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I like a car that looks used. No question. As long as the panels aren't smashed up with a lot of missing or non-functioning parts.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    During Cavallino at Moroso there were lots of lived in classics like a 61 Dino Prototype worth several $M that looked like it just finished the 24hr of LeMans & a TDF was on the concours field with fresh track dust on it :) There were several other veterans that looked lived in as well as the show queens.

Jeff Ippoliti told me he had a 1 1/2 hr test for the Coppa Bella test.

I think I'll sponsor a trophy for next year , The Coppa Smella :) Your car has to have track grunge & looked lived in to compete. Maybe for the trophy I'll throw in some new driving gloves :)