Choosing specs on my Spider | FerrariChat

Choosing specs on my Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by JeffB, Jan 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hi all, the time has come for me to spec out my Spider and I'm going with Azzuro California for the exterior. I'm leaning towards cream for the interior, with either a navy blue upper dash/steering, piping, & inserts, or Ferrari's "pale/medium" blue for the upper dash/steering, piping & inserts.
    Here is a pic of Azzuro with cream and it has the medium blue on the upper dash & steering, as well as carpets. I would get Daytona seats with matching piping & inserts -
    http://www.eentinc.com/azzuro/2003725135955034_247753.jpg

I've never even seen Azzuro Cal in person, but from the many pics I've seen, it is definately what I want. Does anybody own one or have you seen one in person? If so, what color is/was the interior?

I would appreciate any pics anybody has of any of these color combos.

2. the one in picture looks good interior and exterior but dont do the Daytona seats witht the pale blue it will be to much and look over done.

Have fun with your new spider you will love it.

3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Azzuro California is a great color - great for the spider, I've seen one with the blue leather (darker than your photos here) which looked good also.

Interior stuff is very taste driven. FWIW I don't personally like the pale blue steering wheel and dash here - I'd stick with the black wheel/upper dash to contrast the cream.

Its your car though - do what YOU want and enjoy the anticapation!

4. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Check this out! I saw this 355 Spider at Park Place in Bellevue, WA.
    Although the pictures looks good, they don't do it justice. A person
    must see this color combo first hand… Stunning!! I like the combo
    you've chosen better though! Have you considered the Carbon Fiber Seats?

www2.thecarexperience.com/pls/carexp/car_exp.car_page?p_car_id=12551

5. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    From the cars I've seen, navy interior is more popular with grigio alloy or azzurro California. I've seen several with this combination and they've all sold. However, I've absolutely loved seeing these with cream interiors! I vastly prefer a light blue or silvery blue with the lighter cream interior.

I'm considering buying a local 2001 grigio alloy with cream spyder. It has cream seats, full leather, cream dash, black steering wheel and a navy top. No contrasting piping or Daytona seats. It's not as sportly looking as red/tan, but it's gorgeous!

6. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I've been wondering what Grigio Alloy over Crema would look like. Buy it and post some pictures! And make haste about it! :)

7. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Azzuro-Excellent Choice

Crema Interior-Friends don't let friends do that.

Please consider, Back: wheel, carpet, daytona inserts, sills,

Couio: seats, door panels, and fire extinguisher

lt. grey: stitching.

Yellow: Shields, brakes.

The crema looks great, but in real life it stains very easily and even normal blue jeans will come off on the seat making it look like dog s...

Azzuro really works though. Good luck with it.

Also, get a spare tire, for $200k you will only get a can of cheese wiz in case of a flat. At the corner of Florence and Normandy, I would rather have a spare and not just can of cheese wiz.

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The cream interior LOOKS amazing. If that is the only consideration, then get it. But, yes, if you are worried about keeping it clean, then go for something a little darker. But I have seen cream in person and it's incredible.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    550 barchetta - azzurro with crema

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  12. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I say do NOT get the spare. It eats up all the luggage space in the trunk. I say phone up the 24hr emergency number you get with your warranty and have someone else fix the flat if you get one. I'm not even sure that the full size wheel would fit in that front trunk if you've taken it off leading to your no doubt very pretty passenger sitting with a dirty great 18" wheel in her lap...

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

That Barchetta has the right seats too.....consider them over the Daytona's you want or stock seating. It sets the car off just right !!

Azzuro and just about anything is a great color combo.

14. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Thanks for all the valuble input. Those racing seats above look great, but the back of them is the black carbon fiber color and I figured that would clash with the rest of the interior being cream & blue. Having seen racing seats in person several times, I noticed that the back of them is always showing & noticable when looking at the interior of the car, so the color of that carbon fiber will stand out considerably.

Mbmike, here is a pic of grigio alloy with cream. It's an awesome color combo - http://www.eentinc.com/azzuro/grigio/grey_alloy_side.jpg
    If I wasn't so set on Azzuro, I would probably get this exact combo.

When choosing specs on my 360 I went through the same difficult decision process and eventually settled on titanium with charcoal interior. Here are some pics if you want to see how it looks -
    http://www.eentinc.com/360/

15. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    You picked a beautiful color combination. I did considerable research into the various colors before ordering my Spider (hopefully to be delivered before Feb.16 2004). The creme interior is gorgeous. I believe the CEO of Ferrari has a Spider with creme interior.

However I would caution you regarding piping. Not a good idea. Colored inserts in the Daytona seat are a must. Sports seats look good but after an hour of driving they can become very uncomfortable.

I would get the Scuderia sheilds and power seats. Forget the spare tire. I do not believe you can place the flat tire in the trunk. Also, you give up important space for travel. The upgrade stero with woofers is a waste. But the all leather interior including the back and door sills looks great. Finally get the challenge grills front and back.

16. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Why do you caution against piping? My current 360 has it and I love it. I think it compliments the inserts very well.

17. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Piping is very prominent on a Spider. It detracts from the total interior of the vehicle. It stands out particularly with a creme color interior.

As you can tell I am not a fan of piping and I believe most dealers will tell you it does not help with resale.

However as you already know go with what makes you happy.

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Azzuro CA, cream leather, navy stitching (or piping, but not inserts). My #1 favorite color combo.

Dash/wheel either navy or black.

IMHO.