Service on a 360 $$$! | FerrariChat

Service on a 360 $$$!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Crawford, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I was at my mechanics a couple of days ago and there was a 2000 360 Coupe getting the 3 year service/15,000 miles service (car had 12,000 miles). I assume it's considered a major service since he was getting new belts. The were also putting in a new clutch (F1). I was astounded when my mechanic told me that they had $13,000 in parts ALONE on the repair/service. I'm guessing the repair bill will be north of $20k.

Is that normal for this car? Will a F1 clutch normally need service after 12,000 miles?

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    can't tell you about prices (13 k sounds high) but some have had issues with quick clutch wear - whether that is due to driver, car or both is anyones guess. 360 does have an access panel for belts so the engine does not need to come out which saves on labor - but I am sure they make it up some how

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I paid well under $3,000 for my 3-year major service, but havent needed a clutch yet. I have had estimates on the clutch and it is nowhere near $10,000. A lot less than half that as a matter of fact. So, either that 360 is getting a lot more work done for other things, or the owner is getting ripped off.

Ernesto

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

I agree with t88power, if the 3 year service was $10,000 I would not purchase another 360 :(

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I was talking with an owner of a 360 and he said he had replaced the engine twice at a price of $30,000. That seemd right but I was just curious if this was correct.

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There's something seriously wrong if the engine need to be replaced twice. Should not be perceived as a normal occurance. 360 service costs are not too bad.

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    TWO MOTORS!! Holy crap...what is he doing?? I am surprised that the motors are only $30k a piece.

8. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Yeah a 996 GT3 engine is like $40-$50k

9. Gotta pay to play, buddy.

10. SR Ferrari

SR Ferrari Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Crawford I will be dropping a 00 360F1 off my rack this Monday .This car had only travelled 8500miles.
    The owner backed the car out of the transporter and it was undriveable
    It dropped from 6 to 5th was incrediably slow whilst shiffting and had leaking valve covers and the list went on.
    After removing the rear bumper it became everdent that this car had been crashed the harder I looked the more problems I found The SD2 wasn,t giving me any super clear info it was showing 1% clutch wear and overheating at 50minuets.

There are three updates on the T/o bearing and there is an upgrade on your ring gear. Preparing to pull the Transmission I went to remove the Gearbox crank sensors and low and behold the Trans had been pulled before and the previous guys had failed to loosen them and had dragged the sensors over the ring gear breaking them off not only was this a classic but they poped them back in so the air gaps that should have been between 1.1mm and 1.5 mm who knows what these were.
    I charged 28 hrs for waterpump R&R all belts Valve Adjustment and fixing alot of things that had not been fixed before.8 HRS for the transmission and clutch work and 2 HRs for Diagnostic.
    You have to bleed the Clutch system and recheck your SD2 Etc.
    total charge $10.500.
    This car was sold to customer and the car was supposed to be uncomprimissed I,m sure there may be another car waiting for him?
    Kind Regards
    Wayne Hynes
    www.srexoticautomotive.com

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Ouch... who did the PPI on that? ;)
    (I hope this is a case of owner failing to get a PPI done.)

12. SR Ferrari

SR Ferrari Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Brian It was purchased site unseen and the owner did not procure a PPI.
    Wayne Hynes.

13. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I had a 30K service done recently on my 360 F1 by WWOC & it was about $6k total

14. SR Ferrari

SR Ferrari Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    John 6k sounds like a fair price.
    When you add a clutch and all the hard parts thats when it gets up there.
    And once again I,m assuming that was for the service only?
    I don,t think there has been a 30 k service done where back to back cars worked on where the $ numbers have been same but its important to see your old parts boxed so you have no problem parting with your money.
    Kind Regards
    Wayne Hynes.

15. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I bet he paid a lot too when he bought it. Genius.

16. SR Ferrari

SR Ferrari Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Rudy when you think you have a deal you really don,t.
    I just had Algar do a PPI for a customer of mine and the only phone call I recieved was Thanks.
    Unfortunatly cars are being sold out there with no up to date service and do not buy one until a sound shop has looked it over.
    A small amount of money to perform a PPI is the best insurance you can have.
    Wayne Hynes.

17. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Absolutely.

18. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Wayne, a belated welcome to the board. Your web site is really well done. I am sure that you have meny satisfied customers. I know you will be a valued contributer to the board and I look forward to reading your posts.

Best regards,

Ron

19. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I hope not, there are many 360's out there right now,
    and there is a wide variance in price.
    Sometimes that "deal" is not such a deal.

20. SR Ferrari

SR Ferrari Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Ron .
    Thanks.
    Wayne Hynes

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    It costs 5,000 for a clutch on a Modena? Thats the same as a Diablo.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    How would you know that? I thought you've driven 100k miles with 1,000 HP in the rain, snow, and volcanos of Hawaii with no maintenance but oil changes?

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Youre right, and still on my stock clutch. While Ferrari drivers in underpowered, underperforming 360's, are changing them, to the tune of 5K. LOL

24. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I wanted a 360 in the worst way when they came out. Thank goodnessthe dealers marked up the cars so much I couldn't get one. The have turned out to be really unreliable and in odd ways. Cracked subframes, clutches expiring very early, engine management issues. I have never owned a Lamborghini, and I don't see myself getting one, but the 360 needs revamping now. I don't know why they only up the horespower in such small jumps. The 360 should have had 450HP minimum when iot was released. The 575 upgrade was a little better, but that model is getting long in tooth too.

25. drk996tt

drk996tt Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    Bergen, NJ
    What it fair price for PPI?
    Thanks in advance..