Leaked Ford GT commercial! | FerrariChat

Leaked Ford GT commercial!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F40, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  3. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    The commercial should show the car in line at a dealership at 7am behind a bunch of Taureses and Focuses. Then they can show the tech telling the owner that the codes got accidentally erased, and they lost the keys to the car. That is the FORD experience.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    LOL! This about sums it up:

F friend
    O of
    R repair
    D department.

DL

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Great vid,car looks and sounds super .
    Tony

6. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    What can I say???

I WANT ONE!

And for such a car I wouldn't mind cueing after a Focus owner...
    Let us be stright: that seems terrific value for money and absolute fun to drive.
    OK, it is not a Ferrari, but you cannot have everything in your life...

Ciao

Eugenio

7. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Looks good to me too!

From the test reports I have seen thus far, it appears they have under rated it powerwise. 500 crank hp seems to be a little tame to pull 1/4 mile trap speeds in the mid to upper 120's.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very cool, thanks.

9. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Ford or not, I'd give my left nut for one. Does it really matter that it will be lined up behind a Focus or Taurus? Maybe we should poo-poo the Porsche GT1 since it will get service in the same bay as a Boxster? Or a Z8 should get a bad wrap for sharing a service department with a 318 or Z3? Come on guys, it's a sweet ride.

10. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    It absolutely does matter. If you think the service experience that car is going to receive is better than a Taurus, you're crazy. It looks like a nice car, but I assure you, ford will blow it with this model. Also, it will probably engender the same blind loyalty some other makes have, but probably do not deserve. Ferrari included. ( And Lambo too! )

11. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Looks very good to me-Ford or not!

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ehhh, boring even in the commercial.

13. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Looks and sounds great... always loved the GT40.

14. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Rudy, I've withstood a bunch of these retarded statements from you for a while now, but I just gotta set you straight.

First of all, is your rose-sh!tting ass to f*kin' good to take a car to a Ford dealer? I guess it is beneath you to have anything other than a Merc, Lambo, or F-car serviced, eh? It makes for better social standing to just *buy* a new sub-$100k car instead of servicing it, right?

Second, I would guess that you *don't* own an F-car, because the service you can get at a Ford store is typically MUCH better than what you get at an F-car store. Sure, the F-care service man will wash your car for you, but if that's all that's needed to make you happy after keeping your car for two weeks for an oil change and tire rotation, well, then , you are just stupid.

Third, you have NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. What you do no know, and what you *should* investigate before sh!tting from your mouth, is the fact that all SVT models *do* receive special attention from a ford service tech. In fact, only SVT Dealers can service them, as only SVT dealers have factory trained SVT techs. It's part of the $25,000 franchise cost for the SVT logo and license - not just the cars, but the technicians as well. John Coletti, the head of SVT, created this car, and I'll bet you your paycheck that the GT will get its own service techs.

You really need to figure out a way to rethink your posts - there are a lot of good, and much more wealthy than you, Focus and Taurus owners out there. Just because they choose to not spend their money on cars does not mean that they should not WAIT IN THE SAME F*KIN LINE AS YOU! I don't think you are the elitist bastard your posts make you sound like, but if you aren't, rethink how to post your objections.

15. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Well, aren't we a bit touchy. I have a Ford Taurus that we use at my office, and what I describe has happened to me twice at Santa Monica Ford. I had a Thunderbird in Chicago that Bert Weiman Ford screwed up so much that it ain't funny. I also have a 95 Chevy Suburban 2500 454 Supercharged LS with Brembos. I'm no car snob, so you don't know what you're talking about. I have never received bad, or marginal service at Beverly hills Ferrari or The Auto Gallery, formerly known as Ogner Motorcars. Also, I own 2 Ferraris, a 2004 Mercedes CLK 500, which is a piece of junk and has been in the shop waiting for parts for 14 days now. I also own a 71 Mercedes 280 SL which is one of the best, most reliable cars I have ever owned. If I pay $150K for my Ford, no, I don't want to wait in line with the Focus. That's not being a snob.
    I forgot to mention that I had a '94 Mustang that I bought from Galpin Ford, and that never gave me any trouble. Boring, but reliable.

16. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Well, hmmm... interesting rant. Anyway, the car has had some of the best and biggest critics do a good once-over on it car and it almost always comes out on top.

http://www.racingflix.com/downloadvideo.asp?v=541

(More video of GT being tested.) Right click to download or go here.
    http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp?p=6

As far as the comments from earlier, no I don't agree that a Ford GT in front of a Focus is the same a Carrera GT in front of a Boxster. But as for service quality, (from a person who plans to own dealerships) is in the dealer ownership not necessarily Ford.

17. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I'll buy that.

18. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Then what is it being? I don't understand your stance here. Just because you paid $150k for a car means that you get a better line to wait in than the Focus owner? I don't get it?

So you've had bad experiences at Ford stores - so what?? I'll bet there are a dong-load of people who have received bad service at an F-car store (I worked at Ogner, and they are nice, but SLOOOOOOOW), and just as many people who have received bad service at Merc, BMW, Lexus, whatever stores. It's called, now hold on here, : A FACT OF LIFE.

You call it not being a snob, but it sounds to me like if you spend $150k on a car, you wanna wait in line with other people who can afford a $150k car. How is that not snobbish? It's REDICULOUS, and guess what? I wouldn't want you in the same service line as my 1996 Grand Marquis that cost me $1800 bux, either. Your cologne stinks, your attitude reeks of snobbery, and you are scaring the women away.

[edited for language]

19. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Well....I'm glad that's settled.

20. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

lol!

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Personally, if I spent 150k on a car, I would expect them to closed carrier it from my house to the dealer and back.

22. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Oh wait, WWOC does that, even if you dont have a 150k dollar car.:)

oh and my friend tells me they do that for Z8s as well.

23. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    allan we agree.
    F-Found
    O-On
    R-Road
    D-Dead
    did you hear that over 50% of fords are still on the road today.....the other half actually made it home.

24. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Ok Ford bashing is fun anyday but this car has tallent and would be a nice track ride. I don't really like Ford too much {I have owned a ford in the past} but this car should be able to hold the road very well. I'm not naming comp. for it but it's a track car on paper.

25. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    That car rocks, 150k is a lot, the new C6 Z06 will be 500hp and around 50k, so if I had 150k to drop on a car what would it be? 360, ford GT, GT2 Porsche, Lambo. etc. I don't know.