328 tubi or not | FerrariChat

328 tubi or not

Discussion in '308/328' started by speeder37, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I am sure that this question has come up before. I have searched the archives and came up empty. I have a 1989 328 GTS in need of a sound injection. I have limited my choices down to a Tubi or Borla system. Can a few of you give me a little advice on which way to go? The Tubi is a few hundred bucks less. The Tubi quality is seemingly superior. How about the sound? I am looking for loud and healthy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. up2nogd

up2nogd Karting

Aug 6, 2002
    Speeder,

I installed a tubi w/ test pipes on my 86 328 GTS - it is "LOUD" as far as healthy?? I agree with you on the need for an exhaust tuneup, I'm just not sure that a TUBI is the answer (at least on a 328) - Now if we are talking 355 -"YES"!! Just my opinion !

Johnny

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I have the same setup in my 328. Why do you say its unhealthy?

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I just got a Tubi installed on my cat-less 308 QV, and the difference is LOVELY! The sound is fantastic, inside the car and out. I have noticed better throttle response and have noticed the car accelerates faster. I have also noticed a dramatic decrease in under hood temps and it looks wonderful. Worth every penny in my opinion. GO FOR IT!

5. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

When I put the Tubi (bought from Mensi, a FC sponsor) on the 328, it brought out the character of the car...and has only improves as the metal seasons with use. GLORIOUS sound, ffrom 2500 RPM all the way up, without the tinniness of the OEM exhaust...and probably 25 pounds lighter. Note: I have nopt altered the car's catalyst at all...

6. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I take it that Tubi is the way to go. There was no mention of Borla! There was one underwhelmed post. Any other comments?

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would recommend the Tubi. I am using it with the factory cat in place. It is still pretty loud. If you want louder, install the test pipe.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I just noticed I didn't say anything really...

...what I should have said is that:

I LOVE MY TUBI. :)