O.K. all you self proclaimed "Lurkers"..... | FerrariChat

O.K. all you self proclaimed "Lurkers".....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    .....Well,C'mon out!!! We're all just having Fun here,and,the More the Merrier!!! And,we like,no,LOVE to DRIVE our Ferrari's. And,if you do,too,then we'd Love to have you join us for Drives,and other Stuff,also!!! Spring is coming!!! Albeit,taking forever,:( ,but,it's coming!!! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #2 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #3 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #4 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #5 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #6 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #7 FerrariFrank1, Jan 25, 2004
  8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,WAY better than that!!!! :)

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You have a point there Frank. About the lurkers. Never quite understood why somebody would be so shy.

I learned about FChat from the previous owner of my car. I went online and signed up immediately and started blurring out my usual nonsense. For the life of me I couldn't just sit there and read without telling the world my $ 0.02 view on things.
    :)

It's ok to be wrong, just don't make it personal. Me thinks.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I'd really like to see more people join in here on FChat. I like to hear different opinions about everything. (as long as they aren't 'attacks') And,as we all know. Opinions are like Belly Buttons...everybody has one! :) But,we do all share one thing,at the very least. The Passion of Ferrari!!!! I have really learned alot about Ferrari in the 6 months that I've been on FChat. Thats for sure. And,met some really nice folks. Some,not even in person,but just from this site. All in all,a really good experience. I wish that I had known about it alot sooner than I did.

11. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #11 Dave Bendl, Jan 27, 2004
    Maybe the "lurkers" flew south for the winter Frank !
    Attached is a pic of Windmill Island in western Michigan. The only thing missing in this photo is Ferrari's parked in front.
    Do you think we could change that this summer ?
    Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We have to!

Then we'll post a pic in the European section and talk about our drive from Rotterdam to Antwerpen.
    :)

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Looks good to me...just as long as Frankenstein isn't in it,and there's not an angry mob with torches surrounding it.:)

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yodel-A-HEE-Hooooo! Wait,is that Dutch?

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you need to take a closer look at your European geography. Angry mob with torches is Notre Dame de Paris (the church, not the team...). Yodeling is a Swiss thing (unfortunately).

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,in the first Frankenstein Movie,(the one with Boris Karlov as The Monster) The angry mob chased him into a windmill. And,Dr.Henry Frankenstein was inside. After a struggle,Frankenstein,(the Monster) threw Henry out a window,and he landed on the Windmills propellers,and went around about a quater turn,then fell off. Then,the angry mob with Torches set the Windmill a blaze. And,they showed the Monster freaking out inside. Very Scary!!!!! ( Well,it was the first time that I saw it when I was a youngster,anyway.:) ) O.K.,Yodeling is Swiss.I was thinking Norwegian,(Fiords) Or,Dutch. Why? I don't know.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I tip my hat. Didn't know that. I always thought Frankenstein, Dracula etc is placed somewhere in Romania. Holland is flat and not too many forests. Oh well.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I think that Frankenstein is supposed to be in Germany. Do they have Windmills there? I would suppose so. Why not? There are a few cool Windmills around here. There's a huge one in Elmhurst,in a Cemetary at Grand Av. and County Line Rd. (one of my old buds is buried there.) But,this Windmill is HUGE!!! Cool looking. With a big pond in front of it. And,there's a Stone House,out in Wheaton,on Gary Av.,by Geneva Rd. that has a big windmill. My ex-wife is mostly Dutch.(maiden name DeVries) and her Dad used to have some little ones in his backyard. But,I suppose that since Frankenstein was probably filmed in Hollywood,the Authenticity isn't all that.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No windmills in Germany. Well a few scattered in the North West near the Dutch border. Neighbouring influence, flat land and wind. But for the most part no wind mills in Germany.

20. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Dave,
    A little history on the windmill

De Zwaan windmill was given to Holland, Michigan. It arrived from the Netherlands and became the centerpiece of the new Windmill Island. Prince Bernhard participated in the official dedication on April 10, 1965.

21. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    a little more history.

This 240-year-old treasure was dismantled in the Netherlands and restored to its original beauty on Windmill Island. From atop DeZwaan you can look out over 36 acres of manicured gardens, dikes and canals to the Fresian horses grazing in the pasture. Costumed guides, Amsterdam street organ, hand-painted Dutch carousel, and gift shops will complete your visit.

It was the last windmill allowed to leave the Netherlands.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Skipgt4, do you think there is a way to park the cars nearby for a good photo shot or is the windmill to far away from any street/parking?

Would we need to get some special permissions?

23. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    We may want to call them before we get there, but the guy I talked to said that the local MG club and the corvette club have both been there to take photos. The windmill is on an island and the cars can not get out there but he said you can go to a part of the parking lot and set up so that the windmill is in the background. He made it sound like we would not be the first car group to go there to take photos and do the tour.

24. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    There has been a windmill in Batavia for years, it is currently undergoing restoration. It was brought over by Col. Fabian and reassembled on his estate, right off the corner of Fabian Pwy and Rt 25 about 5 min from Charlie Fox's. You can park right in front of it with the river as a background, I believe they will finish it this year.

25. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Skip,Thanks for the history on the windmill. I was surfing the other night looking at tour sites for our Michigan event this summer, and ran across Windmill Island's web site. I may contact them for more information. It sure would make a pretty picture with Ferraris in front of it.

Bob,
    We will have to keep the Batavia windmill in mind for one of our upcoming local drives.