cavallino magazines | FerrariChat

cavallino magazines

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by coachi, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I have 2 complete collections of Cavallino magazines that I have spent a good amount of money to gather together. The magazines are in excellent condition. I also have a third set but the first edition is a reprint. Does anyone know what they are worth...the original sets and the 1st reprint set?

Thanks

2. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Have a look at www.cavallino.com

About one year ago they listed $3500 for a set with #1 reprint and $4000 for an original #1

3. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    After sending the reply above, I did a quick scan on the Cavallino site myself. The don't list prices for a complete set of magazines anymore!

My next suggestion would be Ebay

4. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    Thanks. I bought my second set on EBay...bits here, pieces there, and spent well over 4000 for it...i just wondered if anyone had bought or sold a complete set recently and for how much...

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There haven't been many complete sets around recently.

I just need #1 thru #11, myself, but have given up on finding the
    first few issues.

Have you seen these old ones recently?

6. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA

Actually, I paid an arm and a leg on EBay for issues 1-15....but they were in mint condition and I dont regret the expense. But I have not seen them on EBay any more....did find issue No 1 which completed my second set and bought it but it has not been delivered yet.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They should do like the Surfer's Journal, and publish a bound copy by year! Of course that would take all the challenge and frustration away from what we are trying to do!

Even the bound SJs sell out.