An observation for myself. | FerrariChat

An observation for myself.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    This weekend at a gathering of neat cars, I spoke with a variety of owners of a very wide range of cars. Their do not drive their cars in the rain. What use is a car if it cannot get you there and back again?

Of course, in my state, no salt is allowed on our winter highways.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Bart it is true some owners don't drive thier cars in the rain, and will cry if a rain drop falls on thier car. However there may be two sides to this story. I have 4 cars currently, and 2 of them I do not take out in the rain. Not because these cars are expensive, it is just that I have other cars I use on rainy days. So I think sometimes owners of Ferrari's or other makes don't take thier cars out in the rain, because they have 10-11 cars, and they can take their beater out.

Just my opinion :)

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    OK, my 550 is my only car.

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I have a nice car... well its an MG its my fun car, and a daily driver. I believe cars are wonderful and should be treated with respect, but after all it is a car. I enjoy driving the MG in the rain because you can play with grip at lower speeds. I guess fixing an MG isn't like fixing a Ferrari, but I'm a broke college student so its kind of equal. I just think a car should be for driving and having fun. Of course this is different then being reckless or driving a 1930's million dollar exoric in the ice. IMO, cars should be driven and enjoyed.

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I run my car on the race track in the rain with the windowns down!

One time, I forgot about the rain and took the dry line through T14 at TWS. If I would have had an instruction in the car, I would have given him a complete shower (around 5 gallons of water entered the car.)!