Raising Entertainment funds... | FerrariChat

Raising Entertainment funds...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    So like, I have been doing the indie thing for a while, and was curious if any of you know good resources for start up funds, or say funding a TV show with a multi-country distribution deal? I have feature resources, but I think grassroots is the best idea. I have enough sponsor opportunities to possibly pay for the show, but a financial institution is a better deal in the long run.

All my Ferrari proceeds from the 550 have gone to lawyers severing the ties from prior obligations so I am free and clear and moving forward.

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    If you have sponsor opportunities to possibly pay for the show, go for it. Whenever you can get somebody else to pay for expenses that are out of reach, its a good deal Vs risking a loss of everything. I started a business last year that I could have taken a HEL out on for $150K to fund it. In stead, I partnered with another company and created a division of their company for a percentage. They provide all of the funding and I do the marketing, which has proved to work out very well. Believe me, right now, I have enough on my plate to worry about repaying a HEL bill...Take a bird in the hand!

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Could you get you local government to help?
    Here in N.S. Canada the government is always too happy to give grants and loans to people with solid business plans.

4. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Nah, local government would not be able to do it.