Spring ROE…on the way. | FerrariChat

Spring ROE…on the way.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sjmst, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Spring ROE…on the way.
    Hello all:
    Those of you who were there for the Fall ROE know about this, but for others, here’s the basic idea:

As many Ferrari chatters as possible get together for a fun run of their cars to beautiful points east on Long Island…known by some as the Hamptons, others as “the Country” but to we commoners on Long Island as simply “Out East.” Hence the name, Run Out East or ROE (wait, even more cleverness to follow). We meet at a central point, caravan to a winery, then onto another point for lunch.

Now, for some fine tuning for the anticipated second installment, Spring ROE:

GENERAL:

1) Date not yet been set, but figure late April, very early May.
    Some dates in mind : 4/04/04, 4/24/04, 5/8/04.

2) Everyone is welcome who is an auto enthusiast with a car they love and is in for a friendly get together, and is not likely to require incarceration,

3) Not just a “Guy” thing (sorry guys). Families, kids, wives, girlfriends (though not wives and girlfriends together; it’s a rally, not demolition derby) are welcome. I think it is important to be non sexist and inclusive (OK, the truth: some of you wouldn’t be allowed out without the wife). If that requires a backup car, so be it. Just keep 20 car lengths behind the “real” cars. JK…sort of.

4) We have interest from other Italian Marques owners (Alfa Romeo & Fiat/Lancia), so this will be more inclusive right off the bat.

5) I am trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone to join and enjoy. Basically Pre-pay (yes, see below) and show up. You will be guided all the rest of the way.

MORE SPECIFIC:

1) We gather at a central meeting place, perhaps off Exit 63 of the LIE as we did last time.

2) We caravan out to a winery, maybe the same one as last time, Galluccio Wineries.
    Once there, the following may take place:
    After lining up the cars on the lawn there is a catered lunch for those who PREPAY.
    Then, there are tours and wine tasting. At the same time, there can be informal people’s choice awards for cars based on various categories. Everyone judges each other’s cars. Photos are taken, including perhaps a group shot of one car representing one of each marque represented at the ROE.

3) The next portion is a caravan to other points out east. The final destination will be the dinner gathering, where winners of the judging will be announced. Again, the plan is to have this prepaid.

4) There has been talk of adding a “charity” component to this. That is, give folks the OPTION of contributing to a worthy cause. My initial thought is to contribute to a Hospital, in this case “mine” in NJ. That can be done through a Journal ad by this group, and or raffle ticket purchases. This is purely optional, but it seems would add a nice touch to the event for little money.

THOUGHTS/ IDEAS/ HELP

1) Thoughts on this in these early stages are welcome. Fellow F Chatter Barney has already told me he will work on this with me, as we had worked together for Fall ROE. At a point soon, he and I will have to simply make some decisions and present for people interested, but for now, please offer any ideas or comments.

2) If anyone has any graphic artist skills, might be nice to develop a “logo” for the event.

3) Bruce, I know you have developed a master list. If you, (or anyone) know a good way to reach more people to inform them of this, please tell me.

That’s all for now. More to come.
    Sam

2. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Sam,
    Why wait 'til Spring ? Let's have a Winter ROE. I'll be there. Seriously.

Tom

3. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Love that car, Tom. Where in NY are you?

4. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Sam & Barney put together a terrific event last fall. Good time, good friends and good memories.

Please keep me posted.

5. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hope to see you and your stunning car in the Spring!

6. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I can't wait. Had a great time on the last one.

7. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Bring that beautiful and unique 328 again!

8. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    I'm about 1.5 hours NW of the City in Warwick, NY . It's in Orange County.

Love your car also. Hey, this could be the start of a Mondial Mutual Admiration Society. :)

Tom

9. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    Hey Tom, here are my thoughts.....I say, forget the Hamptons!!

Let's start our own Upstate NY (the BEAUTIFUL "country" side for those city folks) dine-n-drive event....

Orange County/Dutchess County and points North offer infinite possibilities and outstanding winery choices...Not to mention unmatched physical beauty the Hamptons can't even touch...More scenic roads, no traffic, away from "stuffy" crowds ;), less expensive and more tasty...Do I need to say more???

I know plenty of Tifosi in Westchester, Northern NJ, CT areas that would love to join us.....Let me know..

VK

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That sounds great, actually. Don't leave us stuffy people out. You are welcome to come on down here, and we hope you will invite us on up. Please keep us posted.

11. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry

There are some GREAT roads up in the Catskills - to name just one: Rte 23A West towards Hunter Mountain from the thruway is an absolute haven of hills, curvy roads and mountain passes - not to mention WIDE open stretches and little traffic between ski and camping seasons(fasten your seatbelt, check your brakes and suspension, please).

Hi Sam - count me in for the ROE, possibly the fam.

12. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    "......Please keep us posted"

No problem!...I'll contact a few folks and see if they're interested....In the meantime, think out possible dates for this rally/picnic to avoid conflicts..

Later - VK

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Will do.

14. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Please keep your fellow F-Chat neighbors in Connecticut posted up on these potential dates!!!
    Sam - Shooting out to L. I. is no big deal, and I'm up for doing a winery run with you guys. But, we are driving Ferraris and they do need to be exercised occasionally...
    Tom Buckley - You are one crazy mo fo to be driving your Mondial in this weather... Go buy an SUV and leave your stallion parked!!
    Peace out fellas!!!!

15. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory

No tratraffic? Count me in!!!

16. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    VK,

I love it ! But i'm not a planner. I'm a do-er. I'll work with you. Where are you located ?

Tom

17. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    Tom

I'm in Dutchess County, Poughkeepsie area but I know the area around Warwick well....I have a close friend in Harriman and I visit often..

Hopefully we'lg get together soon.....Best regards

Vasilis K.

18. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Great. "Sam and Barney" North. Look forward to joining you guys.

19. Viper29567

Viper29567 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    would love to join in the festivities, keep us updated.

20. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    #20 Trinacria, Jan 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    #21 Trinacria, Jan 29, 2004
  22. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    #22 Trinacria, Jan 29, 2004
  23. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Thank you.

24. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    #24 Trinacria, Jan 29, 2004
  25. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sam and Barney, count me in. With the winter we're having I'll be looking for a good ROE once the thaw arrives.

A suggestion for a summer event is if we all (NJ, NYC, LI, CT) plan to head up to Lime Rock for the Ferrari Challenge event. Its held July 8th through 10th. The various regional contingents could meet up at points along route 95, 684 and 22. Can you picture the stream of cars?