Any PA'ers get out of state tickets? | FerrariChat

Any PA'ers get out of state tickets?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I just heard PA does NOT accept out of state points. Is this true? Can any PA resident who...like me..got a ticket in another state confirm or deny this for me? Thnks.

2. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Depends on how lucky you are. Some seem to transfer, some don't. Like any other experience dealing with the gov't sometimes things work and you'll get the points transfered, sometimes not.

I got one in Ohio that showed up six months latter. One ticket two years latter never did.

However, I'm sure your insurance company does accept out of state points.

3. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My last ticket was out-of-state. My rates went up on my next policy period, but my agent said that was due to across-the-board increases. I was told only chargeable offenses (like accidents) affect your rates/discounts. But I believe the facts are kept intentionally murky.

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Almost all states have some form of 'reciprocity', meaning a Ticket in Virginia shows up on your South Carolina driving record - and vice versa. When I was living in Maryland, I got a ticket while on business in California. Yep, it showed up on my Maryland driving record.......you can't run from the law, no matter what state you're driving in.

5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thats it though, he was telling me that the reason he loves being a PA resident is that out of state tickets don't give you points, unless its alcohol realted or vehile-related man slaughter.

I was trying to confirm or disprove this about PA's policy.

6. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    As far as I know the points do NOT transfer. I have received a total of 2 out of state tickets (one in New Jersey and another one in Maryland) and they have never transferred over.

Kevin

7. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thanks business897,

I see that you are in Allentown (about and an hour from my home in PA). One weekend we should get together along with other fchatters in the NE-central PA region when its not as ugly outside.

Regrads,
    Omar

8. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Definitely sounds like a plan...

Kevin

9. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm in Mechanicsburg if you guys head towards the capitol.