Chris Bangle to step down! | FerrariChat

Chris Bangle to step down!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Sarc, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
  2. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Good riddance indeed. I can't believe how many people defended this chucklehead. Now, the new cars aren't the ugliest things on earth, but that guy had to be laughing everytime one of the cars he designed is sold. I bet we'll see Chris Bangle kitchen appliances soon.

3. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    It would be nice, but I call BS on that article. Just my .02

4. See my comments in the earlier Chris Bangle thread.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    he's made a disaster of the cars hes designed for bmw but in long run a shake up isnt such a bad thing for them. next generation cars they release when hes gone will probably be superbly styled

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I really wonder if this will ever happen. He is the golden child of the Quandt family and they are the family that saved BMW from ruin back after WW2 and are the major stockholders. It would seem strange that they would let him be pushed out. But, maybe they are again acquiring some taste in the way their cars are designed.

Wait and see time.

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Great, he messed up the awesome M5 & now he is on his way to wreak Havoc with some other Marque, Hopefully not Ferrari. The guy who did the Asstech actually designed the C6 Vette which is very attractive. So maybe Bangle there is hope for Bangle to create an attractive car somewhere

8. Look, every BMW since the dawn of time has looked almost exactly the same, and now someone tries to breathe new life into the tired-ass Bavarian designs and everyone shouts in anger.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

9. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    You can change a car and not make it ugly for cripes sake.

It's like music, there are only so many notes, but it's how you put them together that counts.

10. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I think Chris Bangle must have been on two people's payroll -- BMW's and Mercedes'!!! Bangle did more for Mercedes than for anyone!

Just think -- roll back to about '97
    <Wayne's world - Dhoo-doo-doo, dhoo-doo-doo, dhoo-doo-doo>

I would have picked a 540i over an E500 everytime
    I would have chosen a 740i over an S500 (though it would have been close)
    And of course the 3 series stomps the C-class

But today, few would argue that M-B S class is more handsome than the 745i, and I certainly think the new E-Class is more attractive than the new 5 series.

I'm sad, because I very much wanted to pick up a used E39 530/540i within a year or so after graduation, but I fear that the new 5 series will drive UP the values of the old ones!

11. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    The proof is in the sales data.BMW has sold more Bangle 7 series abortions than any previous 7 series.As long as sales increase he's not going anywhere.

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Which may give further proof to the fact that yes indeed most people are stupid. :)

Just look at the new //M5..it looks like a the ugly girly sister of the E39.

13. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Martin, sales had to double...buy 2, one to leave in shop to get reprogrammed, and one to drive. Lather, rinse, repeat :p

Predictable as sepsis in the neutropenic, and about as pretty to watch.

Look at resale on E65/66 vs. E38's. Hmmmm.

>>Which may give further proof to the fact that yes indeed most people are stupid. <<

ROFLMAO. YEp, Bangle and the Emperor. I've been 1st on the list for the new M5 since I picked up my old one. Not looking good for bringing that one home.

14. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Sfumato,
    After practicing oncology for 30 yrs I can attest to the fact that sepsis in the neutropenic IS unpredictable!
    PS-Love the color of your 550.

15. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Thanks, Martin. That is how I meant that...I get to bronch'em. Nothing like platelets hanging while you're in an airway. Adds that edge :(

16. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I heard Pontiac has hired Chris Bangle to redesign the 3rd generation Pontiac Aztec. I also heard he said...."I wouldn't change a thing!".