AUS - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | FerrariChat

AUS Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ragtop, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ragtop

ragtop Rookie

Feb 9, 2003
    Saw a red 360 on Bee Caves in Westlake yesterday. Haven't seen this car around yet. I was in my POS green Triumph TR6 gawking. So nice to see Ferraris driven.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Might be Luke is his new Euro 360 - if he got it back from FofSA already.

This morning, on 360, coming up to 2244 going South - a black 360 spyder. This is new and has three piece wheels. Was also at First Thursday earlier this month.

3. ragtop

ragtop Rookie

Feb 9, 2003
    Saw a black Mondial pulling out of Cuernavaca onto Bee Caves yesterday. Looked like the same car and driver I saw two weeks ago on Bee Caves as I was cruising in my silver Mondial.

4. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I saw a red 360 on 290 W. and Mopac area (in front of Wal Mart). Maybe the same guy? This was an older gentleman that looked like he could handle the 360 pretty well. Let's just hope the other folks around him driving know how to pay attention to the road..... you all know what I mean.

5. Phildo

Phildo Karting

Aug 23, 2002
    Blue/Tan 355 Spider at Mopac and SW Parkway. Couldn't tell what exhaust system but, WOW, did it sound sweet!

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

That's Jim R.'s car. He's a great guy. Has a Tubi & a HILARIOUS license plate which I will tell you in private sometime, Phil.

7. ayn

ayn Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    There is a new 360 Spyder around where I work, he owns the business somewhere on Jollyville Rd, might be the same one. I snapped some pics after chatting to the son of the owner when I first saw it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(img code is turned off so I guess you can just click on the links, I'm new here btw) :)

--Andrew

8. Phildo

Phildo Karting

Aug 23, 2002
    Welcome Andrew - nice to have another local Ferraristi on board.

phil

9. ayn

ayn Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Oh I don't own a Ferrari, unfortunately... :( some day, some day... :)

Love these F-cars, but who doesn't? I have a lowly E46 and MINI Cooper S... I saw a FerrariChat.com windshield sticker on a F355C at TWS so figured I'd check out this site.

--Andrew

10. Phildo

Phildo Karting

Aug 23, 2002
    You certainly don't need to own a Ferrari to be a fan! I think you'll find a significant percentage of the folks on this board don't own Fcars.

phil

11. ragtop

ragtop Rookie

Feb 9, 2003
    Good weekend for F-car spotting in Austin. I saw a red 512 TR on Bee Caves in Westlake on Saturday. Very nice car. Gave the Mondial a honk as he passed. Also saw a red 360 on Barton Springs at Lamar. Looked very new.

12. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Saw a red 355 this afternoon (Monday) in the AMD parking lot. Looked marvelous. Needless to say I was "rubber necking" :) I'm pretty positive the owner is a Fchatter.

13. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Hey, anyone know a Texan with a 355B F1 here in Seattle? Saw him driving in downtown Seattle this evening. Dark red or maroon...I think he saw the SF shield on the back window of my BMW, we smiled at each other....

Dave

14. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

It might be Mitch Alsup, who is a FC'er.

15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes, indeeed, that would be me. Jeffrey's car is in the shop, marion lent jeff her car, and stole my SUV, so I am <how should I say it> condemmed to drive the Ferrari for a few days, Oh well, its better than suicide!

16. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    You make it sound like a bad thing :)

Oh, do you know what became of the AMD Viper they had a while back?

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sorry.

18. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    Thanks anyway Mitch. I have a freind in MoBo Valid who always wanted me to see the Viper they had there. Only thing is, it was never there when I went to see it :(

19. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I saw a black 360F1 Spyder tonight (Sat) at a local car meet. Didnt get to talk to the owner to see if he was a Fchatter, just due to the fact that everyone "swarmed" the car when he parked. Owner had neck length brown hair as did his child passenger, lucky kid!

20. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Sunday I took the TR for a drive along Lake Travis. A red 355 Spider passed me on 620. It was sunny and 55 degrees or so but I sure was wishing that I had that rag top on my car.

21. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Red 360 Coupe today at lunch near the 360 Bridge.

I was in Napa this weekend and saw several nice Ferrari's all over the place there.

I stopped by the Testarossa Winery in Los Gatos and the owner has a red TR parked out front. He also has a lovely new bottle label with a P4 on it for the Monterey Historics this August.

22. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    #22 khayes, Mar 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Here is a picture of the new Testarossa wine bottle.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels

What car meet was this at?

24. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

VANS

25. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I see the black/black 360 spyder often down 360. just yesterday, looks like he was leaving spicewood springs rd. off of 360 sometime after 8am.