The new F2004 presented today | FerrariChat

The new F2004 presented today

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by cavallino, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    The F2004 was officially presented today at around 11am. The new Formula 1 single-seater from the Maranello Scuderia will compete in the F1 World Championship that kicks off in Melbourne, Australia on 7th March.

This new single-seater is very close to the F2003-GA and only the wheelbase which is 5 cm shorter, the other dimensions of the F2004 are identical to those of the F2003-GA.

The chassis is new, both in terms of design and construction. Its weight has been reduced and it has an improved structure when compared with the F2003-GA.

Ross Brawn : "We cannot guarantee to win, but we can guarantee to always try our best. Forza Ferrari."

From Media.Ferrari

2. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Front rear

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    longer wheel base than before? or is Mikey just sitting further back?

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    "This new single-seater is very close to the F2003-GA and only the wheelbase which is 5 cm shorter, the other dimensions of the F2004 are identical to those of the F2003-GA."

5. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Not exactly scoop story of the year, but I have it on top level authority that the car to be seen at melbourne will have a load of changes to the release car pictured.

The biggest drama for Ferrari this year will be the tyres. Michelin seem to be developing theirs better, with all other top teams using them.

6. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i read today that they moved the cockpit back a bit. they also lowered the center of gravity a bit more :)

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yea I hope Ferrari's tire loyality doesnt cost them overall victory let along a few.

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

They all look the same to me (see my profile)

9. Moving Chicane

Moving Chicane Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    SoCal.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I believe Brawn is already on record as stating the nose may very well resemble the Williams new design (due to current in-house testing results) at the opening race.