355 Being auctioned this Sat. | FerrariChat

355 Being auctioned this Sat.

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GaryReed, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    FYI,

Just noticed a listing in the Seattle Times classifieds that James G. Murphy Co. will be auctioning off a 355 Spider this Saturday in Kenmore,WA.

Here's their description: 1997 Ferrari F355 Spider convertible, V8, 6 spd, p/s, p/b, a/c, tilt, p/wdw(former U.S. Marshal Seizure)

Info and picture at: http://www.murphyauctions.net/kenmore04jan.html

Gary

2. '77 308GTB

'77 308GTB Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    TD
    The high-end vehicles always seem to go for a premium at Frank Murphy, that is considering that the cars are often sold with no odometer statement and no records.

People go there to buy and they get caught up in the bidding. I know I've done it myself a few times. Nice looking car though.

3. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Its dark blue so Its not Ted and Its not Dave and Its probably not John - so which one of our esteemed Ferrari associates is crosswise with the US Marshalls?

4. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Pfffft....You can have your silly 355...I myself will be bidding on the steamroller or one of the ambulances...have to have some way to cut through the traffic on 405! :)

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Thats not the same 355 spider that was at Park Place Ltd for months not too long ago was it? How many bue spiders are out there anyways?

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
  7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Well... maybe not after all. I just found this Times article listing that Ferrari as a Berlinetta:

http://snipurl.com/43xr

8. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Story is that it is well thrashed by 21 YO former owner, now a guest of Uncle Sam. No service records, questionable paint touch-ups and odd sounds from the engine. Smelly interior. All together a nasty car, at least according to my sources. Right Todd?

Dave

9. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    Also, '77 308, is Frank Murphy a brother to James G.? Perhaps they have different auctions?

Just wondering...

Dave