Auto Detailing Seminar | FerrariChat

Auto Detailing Seminar

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Mike E., Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Would anyone be interested in a auto detailing seminar? If there is intrest I will add it to our calendar,but I must know soon.The date would be Saturday April 17 from 10am.to 1pm.

2. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I'd be interested, where will it take place Mike ?
    Dave

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I would definitely like to attend. Maybe I can learn how to get my car all polished and waxed in a shorter period of time. Wife's starting to get a little jealous...says I spend more time rubbing and caressing the Ferrari than Her...I don't think so....She's just imagining things...:)

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'm interested and..........Frank..........me thinks your wife is right! :)

5. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    I think it will be at Fox Valley Motors but that could change.I need to make final plans when I have a idea of how many people will come.

6. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Sounds good Mike, count me in

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,Skip.She's just a little jealous of the Bella Italian Redhead! :) Fox Valley sounds like a great spot,Mike.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Mike, pls count me in.

This might sound weird to you car buffs, but I don't even know how to properly wash a car. Have used automatic car washes all my life and I know there is more to it than just using a garden hose. So anxious to learn some basic stuff.

I took my 308 once into an automatic car wash. That was a horrible experience I'm trying to forget and glad the car survived it. Just barely though. Never again.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I NEVER use an Automatic car wash. I either hand wash at home,if I'm up to it. Or go to one of those Self Service Bays with the High Power sprayer. But,the Ferrari ONLY gets hand washing. My other cars go to the Sprayer.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It wasn't the sprayer or the brushes that concerned me. But the car got hooked on the tire boot. I had only traction on the other rear to get out of that trap. It was bad.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I tried,once,back in the Mid 80's to take my (then) '85 Corvette through one of those thingies. The tires were almost too wide to fit in the tracks. I could hear them squealing and squeaking all the way through.The Brushes made swirls in the paint. The bottom of the (low) car scraped a few times,then,at the end,when the Blower "Plops" down on the windshield. It had such a raked back windshield,I thought it was going to shatter when that thing hit it. Then,as it pushed the car out,more bottom scraping. That was it for me. But,even with my "Regular" cars,don't like the Brushes rubbing and making swirls. I just like those do it yourself,touchless spray booth's. They work fine on my other cars. And,I hand wash the Ferrari,because I don't want any water going into my spotless engine bay.:) But,MOST importantly,no water going down my windows down into the Doors. I've seen too many Ferrari's with Rust Bubbles on the bottoms of the Door panels because of the Water getting trapped down there with nowhere to go. But,I found a guy who has Fiberglas Door Skins for 308's that have had that problem.

12. Mike E.

Mike E. Rookie

Dec 16, 2003
    Park Ridge Ill.
    Full Name:
    Miike Epifanio
    Ok, The auto detail seminar is on the calendar,but the date has changed. It will be on Saturday April 24th from 10am. to 1pm. at Fox Valley Motorcars.I will list it on our web site with more details in a week or two.

13. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Looks like a good event Mike. It should be very beneficial to a number of us.
    Dave

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    GREAT!

We can also hold a celebration for my Birthday (belated), which will have been on the 15th; if I should live so long! :(

I'll buy lunch, or dinner.......whatever.......for those from our group that attend.

Now.........you guys have to pick the place for our gastronomic enjoyment!

What are the requests?

By the way, nothin' fancy, as I try to survive on a limited income.

Ya know, I've been out of work for 23 years! :)

15. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I would like to attend also, Fox Valley is only two blocks from my house, that would work out great, and if the weather is better by then, maybe we all can pull up in our F-cars??? HAH and take over that Lambo and Lotus dealer with F-cars.... :)

Lunch...Dinner sound great Skip. There is a nice steak place right next door or we can go down North Av to Portillos??? ;)

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Looking forward to it. Maybe afterwards I get a better understanding of what all these fancy duck shaped bottles are about in Griot's Garage.
    :)

I'll gladly volunteer my car for practice cleaning.

PS: Over lunch we'll get a chance to discuss the results of the qualifying session of the first European GP this year. Ain't that neat!

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Ahhh.....the difficulties of the Idle Rich...:) HeeHeeHee! Yes,that sounds great. If you are really on a budget,there's a White Castle a few miles East on 64. :( Just kidding!!!:) Skip,your Birthday is April 15th.,? Tax day? Mine is Feb. 15th.

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    White Castle sounds great! I should be able to handle spending 15 bucks to feed us!! :)

My Birthday is always such fun; I get to send off 2 checks to the State, and 2 to the IRS. Mike knows what I'm talking about!

I guess the true gift is in giving, not in receiving. :(

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,there's also Diamonds Gentlemens Club a couple miles West.....

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Photo op?

Nevermind...

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Now THAT would be fun!!! :)

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup.
    Not to hijack this good thread too far, but I always wanted to take some pics in the gentlemen's club in Indy where the ceiling is full of race cars. They have a 333SP hanging from the ceiling. Man, I'd love to take some pics there. Helas.

23. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Has any one heard anything more on this event??? Was going through my calendar and noticed this on it but hadn't heard anything else on here.

Just thought i would bring this thread back to life...

:)

24. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    FCA newsletter shows this as an FCA event on 4/24 at FVM....

25. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Yes, this event will take place on 4/24. All of our customers are welcome as well as FCA members. (and of course F-Chatters!) Feel free to contact me if you need any more info.
    Mike
    [email protected]