RaLLy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!East coast to WEST. | FerrariChat

RaLLy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!East coast to WEST.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    one more ...

crowded business already.

3. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    this Gumball/canonball/playersrun kind of Rally.

there are so many that one could spend a whole year doing west to east coast trip :)

5. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    well
    once you get to LA, how the hell do you get back?
    i wouldnt drive back

6. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Well once I get to L.A I just go home. It would be how do I get my car to Philly? Ship it

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    It's a lot cheaper than Gumball. But the cars don't look as good either.

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Seems to be aimed more at the ricer/tuner crowd, take a look at their message board.

9. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    That is a pretty good price. However what about doing it old school. The way the original guys did. Coast to coast, non stop, in the fastest time. No money, only braggin rights, and only a party at the finish line.

10. crazycrazypete

Jan 27, 2004
    I am one of the founders. We are going to get a younger croud, due to the lower entrance fee, but you can still expect some pretty amazing cars - we have some Lambos, Ferraris, and Porsches. The hotels are top notch, and you can choose to upgrade your accomidations. The opening night dinner is being held at Ruth's Chris, so I can assure you it will not be as "ricey" as you may expect. I know I'll be drinking champagne, so feel free to join my table at the clubs :)

I did Gumball in 2002 in my APR Tuned S4, and this time my Porsche GT3 and I will do our best to assure that this event blows anything you have ever experienced out of the water.

And we have negotiated discounted shipping prices for car transport. Check out our forum.

Peter Dunn
    [email protected]

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Ernie, with all do respect.... get real! Iin this day and age of Laser Radar and VASCAR tracking, as well as civilians with cell phones, your license wld be toast by the time you reach the West Coast.

12. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    LOL Greg. Thats the point. You would have to be very sneeky. I bought the book about the original Cannonball run. It is such a fun read. Anyway the original guys factored all that stuff in. They consider the cops just another road obstical, like rain, fog, traffic, etc. Yes people do have cell phones, yes the cops do have lazers. But there are counter measures to this stuff. Such as detectors, scanners, and if you can find them jammers. The reason they started the Coast to Coast Memorial dash, was in protest of the 55mph national speed limit. They wanted to prove that you could drive reasonable fast on American highways. It was a hotroders version of a war protest, but against the fuzz. LOL. I seriously consider doing an old school run one of these days. Just to be able to say that I did it non stop in xx:xx:xx amount of time. The longest trip I made was about 710 miles in about 12hrs, 15min, in my SUV. That is an average speed of just over 60mph. At that rate it would take me just around 49hrs to go coast to coast. One of the best things that President Clinton did was get rid of that stupid national speed limit. So now you can go faster with less risk of being busted. I bet it would take someone doing it by them self first, just like Mr.Yates did to get others to interested. Maybe I should be that guy?

13. crazycrazypete

Jan 27, 2004
    I managed to drive like a maniac during the Gumball, and I was only pulled over once, in good 'ole Arkansas (120+, just paid a fine)

I managed a nearly 3 hour run at 150 with a Diablo in the backroads of Texas, so trust me, if you are careful, you can get away with a lot more than you would think :)

14. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Hey guys I paid my entrance fee, i've always said If the Gumball was $5000 or less i'ld love to do it, so now I have the chance. There will be probably the same amount of crazy cars as on the gumball, only difference is you'll have an extra pack behind us, (probably just as fun as the guys with the nice cars), just not as finanancially well off. But they can party with the best of us I am sure. Look at it this way your best friend is your slowest friend when driving fast :)

Regardless it should be a week of a lifetime, and if you dont have a good time then you didn't waste $12,000 to find that out :) but if you come i'll guarantee a good time will be had (and i'm not affiliated with running it at all) But come on VEGAS! LA! you can't go wrong

15. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    cool rob

what car are you using?

16. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I'm taking my vette, my buddy is going out in his lotus and i think we have a few more exotics coming (2 diablo's, a viper)

17. crazycrazypete

Jan 27, 2004
    360@20...
    Did you get my two PM's?