360 stradale or the new Porsche GT3 | FerrariChat

360 stradale or the new Porsche GT3

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariFlip, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    I want to know more about these 2 cars.
    I read the magazine EVO a few days ago and they thought the ferrari wins but after testing they placed the gt3 first gallardo second and renault clio v6 thirt and the stradale fourth, they said it was to loud, those sissies, a real racer likes cool sound.
    If it was my choice i would say stradale then porsche gt3 then gallardo en then clio v6.
    But there where more cars, but i want to know more about these 2 cars compared(gt3 and stradale).

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Autocar 2003 Sep 23
    Autocar 2003 Oct 21
    Car 2003 Dec
    Car & Driver 2004 Jan
    European Car 2004 Feb
    Autocar 2004 Jan ??

I'm sure there are others...
    and most rank the CS higher than Evo... who found it too loud!

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    EVO is mostly BS to schock.

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Why is the comparison constantly to the GT3? What about the GT 2?

5. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Good question! I drove one (GT2) yesterday, and I fell in love with this car. I see why you got it! Unbelievable car!!!!

My .02 franc

6. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    There are no comparisons to GT2s, because a GT2 is in another hemisphere in terms of performance.

I drove a GT2 last summer and was amazed by it, it felt a lot more connected to the driver than the last 911TT I drove. The weight advantage is felt immediately, and the braking will loosen fillings.

That being said, I prefer the 360 CS to it due to the 360 feeling smaller and more go-kartish, which is what I want, even if I have to give up a ton of power to get it.

7. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    The reason the GT3 and 360 CS are compared more often, because they are built for the race track in mind. Much more so than a GT2 and "normal" 360.

8. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Apt comparison would be 360CS to GT3RS, but since the RS isn't offered here, it's a moot point and the default is the "base" GT3. The GT2 is on another planet -- either way, I'd put my money on either Porsche.
    By the way... the 360CS too loud? What a bunch of candy ass whiners... what's next... "...this car handles too well... I'm spilling my starbucks****acinno all over the place; can't they make it more like an SUV?" Idiots.

9. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Check out Autocars test of the GT3 RS and the CS that was posted over on exoticcarforums. Appears as though if it weren't for price the cs wins and the Author says that either one would destroy a Gallardo at the track. Sorry Allan.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    An author saying a car will, and the car actually being able to do it, are 2 different stories. As of now, from conclusive tests, the Gallardo beats them both.

Now hear this, this may be the only time you hear me say this. I would take the 360 over the Gt3 anyday!

But, i take a GT2, over the 360 anyday.

11. Of course a car can be too loud. Just remember that when you're 60 and can't hear a damn thing anyone says.

12. FerrariFlip

FerrariFlip Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Bonaire,Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Philippe Haak
    In a race car you need a hard cool sound, so its never too loud, like a formula one car, imagine that sound.
    Now thats loud, and thats why there are race cars like the stradale.
    Too loud is bullsh*t!!!!!!!