So much for the weather reports... | FerrariChat

So much for the weather reports...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Willis360, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Man, what a gorgeous day it turned out to be! Took a late lunch drive and had a blast.

What's the deal with our weather forecasters these days? They say rain and we get cloudy and dry (with a spot of sun).

2. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    i took my 3 year old daughter out for a drive today in my new 79 308 gts...fun fun fun...

...by chance the owner of "dicks" burgers was at the broadway joint today signing autographs...i pulled up and a news crew swung the camera toward my car...i think it was king5 tv..no van so not too sure of station...

hope tomorrow is just as beautiful a day...

william ceriale seattle(capitol hill)

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    what do you mean "these days"? they're usually 95% inaccurate. it should be the complete opposite, just forecast rain and they'd be wrong only 5%. i just hope they don't gamble.

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The weather was so nice that I couldn't resist taking the Fcar out for a blast too!

Drove around the southend... Des Moines, Redondo, Dash Point, Browns Point...

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    They weren't too far off about the snow we had. I'll give them that. Lately, I think they'd have better accuracy if they just look out their windows.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I've started calling them "post-casters". They're pretty good at telling us what the weather was yesterday!!

Missed another beautiful day in West Sound...sun was out most of the day yesterday, but car is still with Carlo.

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Willis, when I was flying around here 35 years ago we automatically assumed that we would be flying in rain ( and usually did ) and some times we were pleasantly surprised. BUT we never paid attention to the forecast offered by " THE WEATHERGUESSERS ."

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Hey, Bob! Happy New Year!

The weatherguessers, as you called it, got it wrong for my area again today. I think they just want people to be prepared for the worst. Either that or they're spending way too much time looking at their computer models. :)