360 vs Gallardo | FerrariChat

360 vs Gallardo

Discussion in '360/430' started by VWH3RD, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I just got back test driving the new Lambo!

As a 360 owner I thought it might be interesting do a comparison for those interested.

I drove a six speed Black/Yellow Gallardo, the look to me is ok not great, I think the 360 is the winner in the styling category.

The inteior is good, the quality is Excellent with nice modern touches. The manual gearbox was great also.
    My only gripe is the huge glareshield/dashboard that looks like it goes out to the front bumper. The interiors between the two the Gallardo might edge out the 360 overall.

The visibility is better than the Murcielago but not great, 360 is much better.

The sound of the stock exhaust is better than the 360.

The power between the 2 cars seems equal, I only drove the Lambo for about twenty minutes but when I got back into the 360 it seemed so close I would probably say it was a draw.

Handling is great in the Lambo, the car sticks to the road like glue! I would say that it is a much more forgiving car than the 360. I took an off ramp in the Lambo, went diving into the turn and the car stuck, my 360 could have handled it but the car would have wanted to bite!

I would have to say that for an everyday Go Fast Ride the handling of the Lambo is better but I love the 360 and taking it to the edge. The Lambo feels a little bit like my SL 55 in the handling, it feels like you can't get yourself in any trouble. Edge for me to the 360 (personal preference)

Overall the Gallardo is a great car but the looks just don't push me over the edge, my first Lambo will be a Murci or a Diablo!
    Just my .02!

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Vernon, which dealer did you test drive the car? are you still getting one after the test drive?

3. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I drove it at Kerbeck in S.Jersey, good guys with some great cars!

I am going to pass on the car, I like the looks and feel of the 360 too much to trade.

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the road test. I was in love with the idea of a Baby Lambo.

But I will agree with you 100%....."the looks just don't push me over the edge, my first Lambo will be a Murci or a Diablo!"

Lambo had a Great chance steal Ferrari's thunder. But it missed on the one category they had to get right- Looks!

This car is not a "must have". Lambo you need a better looking baby!

5. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Thanks for the comparison. I'm in Atlantic City right now, that Kerbeck dealer is like 3 mins away. I wanna see that Gallardo!

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I saw my first Gallardo last week on a flat bed on 95, I was a bit disapointed, the back end is nasty the 3/4 rear view isnt much better. the side is ok, the front is best. I wont be running to trade in the 512TR or the Countach on that thing. I'd even take a 360 over it :)

7. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Dropgems, the car is at Kerbeck in Palmyra not A.C.

the Palmyra store is there Lamborghini Dealership

8. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    When my dealer got the Gallardo in they called me to come check it out. I was a bit disappointed. I am with-holding judgment until I drive it though, which should be this week, weather permitting.

9. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    How were the brakes on the Gallardo?

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I think the Gallardo is much better looking than the 360, but would rather buy a slightly used Murcielago for about the same money.

11. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    enzoz

the brakes were awesome!

12. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    You're joking right - have you seen the Gallardo's rear? It's not great.

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The rear may not be the greatest, but have you seen the 360's hideous nose and side view. The view from the windshield forward is horrible. Looks like a crooked nose.

14. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    ... in the eye of the beholder. The Lambos look like what you might have if a 6th grader tried to build a 360 out of plywood... unable to make the beautiful curves of the 360, you'd just get flat triangular shapes... lacking a hack saw, instead of reasonably rounded front vents and headlights you get straight-line trapezoids.

I'll agree the Gallardo looks more radical and more exotic... but in a juvenile way. The 360 is far more elegant and beautiful, albeit more conservative. In between is the ideal... the F50 and the Mclaren F1 have the beautiful curves, but with no reservations... fully exotic. Unable to afford either of those two, I much prefer to miss on the side of beauty and elegance than on the side of exotic and juvenile. JMHO.

15. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I like the Gallardo okay; typical Lambo in that it's in your face unique. But my cars are like women: they need curves.

16. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    I like the Gallardo more than the 360 looks wise. But I have to admit yesterday I thought I saw the Gallardo went to follow it........... got closer.........it was a yellow Celica. True story. And I am pretty good at spotting out cars. The problem with the Galllardo is that they are all trying to make a clamed down version of the Countach. When they should be making new designs like the Canto or the Cala.