Die Cast Model Question | FerrariChat

Die Cast Model Question

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by TigerAce, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I just bought fantastic F50 die cast model by Tamiya in 1:12 scale. (small, easy assembly required) I didn't know this existed! It was about $250, but I just had to buy it! (impulsive purchase, but havn't regret it yet:)

I have Enzo Die cast in 1:18, too. In addition, I want 288GTO, F40, 512M/TR, 328, and 360 in these die cast model. Who makes them? and in what size? I prefer 1:12, but 1:18 will do if there's no choice. And what is considered fair market price for them? My wife is keep saying I paid waaaay too much for F50. She said she only paid $30 for Enzo (my b-day gift from my kids)

I just want to educate myself a little since I am clueless. Any information is appreciated.

Yoshi Ace

2. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    There a catalogue called Exoticar which has a bunch of models... but they're not cheap! They also have a couple of stores, and there's other off name model car stores which sell them too. I know of two in Kansas City alone, so no doubt if you looked theres' one in your neighborhood. Sorry I'm not much help in the fair price topic though.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Yoshi Ace,

Go to the models and collectables topic section and ask the same question. A lot of the guys there rarely come to this section. It might do some good. Good luck.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Yoshi, the F50 you bought (at Fry's?) is priced correctly. The MSRP on that model is about $400.

The other cars you want aren't made in 1/12 scale unless you want to build them yourself. Mattel makes most of the models you're looking for in 1/18 for about $30. I saw a 1/12 Monogram F40 today that you'd have to build.

5. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Hey, too bad that tamiya one isn't in 1/18. :( That would of been a nice one to have in a 1/18 collection.

6. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    The best place and cheaper
    www.ebay.com and search by "ferrari 1/*18". good luck

7. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Congratulations on your F50!!! If you're interested, Exoticar has an F40 1/12 by Kyosho for $375. As far as locating the other vehicles you're looking for. As mentioned already...Ebay, Exoticar, speedgear, and also check out the 1/18 forums. There is plenty of information to be had. Personally, I use Exoticar to view the models and then I look for a particular model at my local stores or ebay.

8. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I don't know much about these die-cast models, so all advises given were new to me. Thank you very much!

F355 guy. Seems like 1/12 & 1/18 are 2 different subjects as you only collects 1/18. Details of 1/12 is amazing! F50 even came w/ tool box (no tools inside the box though)

Jimpo1, Yes, I got this F50 at Fry's! Did you get it, too? Out of all places, I would never thought of getting models at Fry's! I went to buy DVD, and got Ferrari! BTW, how are you doing? I haven't seen you guys for while. Doing luch gathering lately?

Bluekawala, James, rr1973, Maximo Tifoso, thanks for advise on purchasing source. I will try them.

9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    $250? Where? Thats a good price for a 1/12 F50

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've seen the F50 at Frys a couple of times, it's damn big. Tillman and I had lunch yesterday and met at the hobby shop to get some models. Go check it out, they're loaded with them. They have both 1/18 scale like your Enzo, and the models you need to build. They have a large scale F40 and a TR as I recall.

Wild Bills on Shady Grove in Irving.

11. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    K5mci, I got it at Fry's Electronics. I don't know they are nation-wide chain, but good place to buy electric/electronic items.

Jimpo, Wild Bill is where my wife got Enzo. I haven't been there yet, and she doesn't want to go just to browse as she's not interested. Let me know when you guys go again, and I'll try to make it. (I may stop by before if I am in that area, but I doubt it as I haven't been in South Irving for few years now)

1/12 F40 for $375 is hefty price! But I may want it after one look just like F50!