Got the call--Need to pick an interior | FerrariChat

Got the call--Need to pick an interior

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Scotty, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Well--the local dealer called today, saying that my spot on the 360 coupe list was up, and it was time to order. I am still debating whether or not to replace my 2000 360--in either case I am (or will be) on the list for the replacement, the question is do I live with my current car for 2-3 years, or get a new one. I get a warranty (a plus), but I take the current depreciation hit on my current car (which may be more or less than I take later).

Anyway, I digress. I have a Pozzi Blue/Tan car with matching blue piping, carpets, steering wheel and dash. Looks great (to me) but I was thinking about a change. I like the Grigio Alloy (I think this is the color--a darker metallic silver grey with a bit of blue in it)--Marty Weiner's 575 is this color. Thing is, I don't really want a black interior. I have never like tan interiors on silver cars. Red or burgundy makes a statement, but it is perhaps a little less elegant than what I have now. I would love any and all suggestions for possible interior combinations (seats/carpet/dash/steering wheel/piping/stiching).

Thanks.

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Take the new 360 (when will it be ready?), then ditch your old one before prices plummet (like they're said to be scheduled to do), then toy with the same decision when your 360 replacement is ready (whenever that may be)...

...most importantly, though: POST PICTURES! :D

3. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hi Scotty,

I know you said you don't like tan interior, but here is a pic I posted the other day of a grigio alloy Spider with cream interior. IMO, it looks great, but if you don't like it and won't go with tan or black, I think blue is your next best option. Either dark blue or Ferrari's medium/pale blue would both look good...

http://www.eentinc.com/azzuro/grigio/grey_alloy_side.jpg
    (I know it's a lousy pic, especially for looking at the interior, but it shows that from a distance it even looks great, so up closer & in person it will indeed look great.)

4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    check out my profile pic for grigrio titanio.

5. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    seats, carpet, dash...dark blue. Black steering wheel. Stiching/piping I could go back and forth on.

But the blue interior is great. I don't care for it on most cars.....

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Personally, I think there are only two interior colors that work well with Grigio Alloy: navy and the lighter blue. JMHO. If you get Navy, I recommend you get the dash and wheel in Navy also... I believe it will be plenty dark.

7. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Thanks for the input so far. I am leaning toward the darker (navy) interior. Hubert--thanks for directing me to your profile--beautiful car.

If the interior is mostly dark blue--how do you punch it up. ?Silver stitching. ?Piping. ?Different color carpet?

Also--upper and lower dash segments the same color, or some contrast there as well?

Last ?--anybody know what the stock Modena caliper color is (silver?).

8. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Yep, black. The 3 other colors you can get them in are silver, red, or yellow.

9. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Silver... or maybe that lighter medium blue color? I'd have to see either to decide if I liked it.

If you go navy, then the lower dash would be navy (generally)... the upper shouldn't be lighter... black is too little contrast... thus, I was recommending you go navy for that too.

Black is stock. Silver (or is it "aluminum") is an option. With Grigio Alloy, I'd stick with black.

10. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Scotty,
    My 575 is not Grigio alloy but rather grigio titanio.I still prefer a blk interior to other possibilities which can be jazzed up with daytona seats with or without stitching and leather shelf The standard blk calipers look lovely with any of the greys or silver exteriors.
    PS I got the call from Tonkin today too re 360.

11. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Yup--Grigio titanio is what I want...gotta be just like Marty:)

Actually, it is grigio titanio that I am interested in.

Marty--Greg told me he talked with you--he said you are ordering a 360. True? If so, colors/options?

12. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Oh, you want Titanium, not Alloy???
    Titanium doesn't have blue in it... its a darker grey, but completely neutral... it has more black in it. My answer above was for Alloy, not Titanium.

For Titanium, you can go with blacks, grays, reds, or blues. When I was preparing to order a Titanium 360, I was going to go with the medium gray interior and dark gray for the upper dash, wheel, and daytona insets. Oh, and Charcoal carpet. I still think that would look great.

I have navy interior in my current Titanium 360 Modena and that looks great.

And for the CS, I am ordering Titanium with the red/black alcantara interior. I am certainly hoping that will look great.

Oh, and either black or red calipers look great on Titanium... kind of depends upon whether you want that bit of "Ferrari flash" (shields and red calipers), or prefer to embrace that monochromatic look (no shields and black calipers).

Brian

13. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Try this one, tan and cuoio 360 seats

14. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Or this is really good with a blue ish exterior.

15. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    OK--now I am really confused. I think the color that I orginially fell in love with was grigio alloy (seen on a spider at Ferrari of Dallas). However, I am also really fond of grigio titanio. Your collective comments have been invaluable in terms of getting me thinking about options. If I go grigio alloy, I do agree that blue is probably the only color I would consider for the interior--just not sure exactly how to punch it up. For grigio titanio, I also agree that the choices are more varied, and punched up combinations (like the medium grey/dark grey/charcoal) are easy to dream up. Since I will have a black challenge grill on this car, I think I will likely leave the calipers black for either color choice.

In fact, the only two options that I have to agonize over at this point are shields (I like the clean look without shields, but they are also a good way to add visual interest to the exterior) and whether or not to go with the upgraded stereo (which, I understand, is basically a slighly better low fidelity system). Leather headliner or not will depend on my interior choice. Otherwise, I think the stock wheels, front challenge grill as well, Xenons, and power seats (though I really like the feel of the sports seats). I am unsure about Daytona inserts, will mount my own fire extinguisher, and am 6 speed all the way.

Thanks again.

16. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hi Scotty,
    I went through the same thing you're going through about a year ago. I ended up choosing grigio titanio (titanium) as well. I went with front & rear challenge grilles, red calipers, shields, charcoal daytona seats, etc...
    With titanium you do indeed have more options than with grigio alloy. I've seen red, blue, charcoal, black, and others and pretty much all look great. Here are some pics of my car that I posted the other day, incase you missed them -
    http://www.eentinc.com/360/

I once saw a titanium 360 with red racing seats and it looks stunning. If you do this though, stay away from making the upper dash, steering, and carpets the same color, as too much can look tacky. The one that I saw just had red racing seats and a red lower portion of the dash. If I find pics of it, I'll post them.

17. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    #17 whimike, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    #18 whimike, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    While I have a tan interior, as it has grown on me, I have noticed I like the slightly darker Naturale and Tobacco brown interiors better than the typical tan. You might be able to work one of these into your exterior color scheme.

20. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    .[/QUOTE]

In fact, the only two options that I have to agonize over at this point are shields (I like the clean look without shields, but they are also a good way to add visual interest to the exterior) and whether or not to go with the upgraded stereo (which, I understand, is basically a slighly better low fidelity system). Leather headliner or not will depend on my interior choice. Otherwise, I think the stock wheels, front challenge grill as well, Xenons, and power seats (though I really like the feel of the sports seats). I am unsure about Daytona inserts, will mount my own fire extinguisher, and am 6 speed all the way.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

The upgraded stereo is great... much better than Bose in my Merc. Xenons are standard. I went with titanium/black/red calipers. I think you should choose between either the red calipers or the yellow shields. I think if you do both there are too many visible exterior colors with both red and yellow.