348 & its questionable carfax history. Anyone? | FerrariChat

348 & its questionable carfax history. Anyone?

Discussion in '348/355' started by jsu800, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsu800

jsu800 Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Hi I post this on another thread in the forum so if this is your 2nd time reading it my apology...

Does any of you know the answer to this: I spotted a 1992 348 on a newspaper, ran the carfax, and found only ONE carfax history! The only history listed was that someone had actually taken title in TX in 2001 and there was no previous mileage reading reported. And this is a 1992 car! The car now has 2,5000 mileage on it.

Could this car has been in any sort of prior accidents, flood situations, stolen histories, etc before? Or could it be a salvage title car? But if it had would any of the past happenings be recorded on the carfax? Or could this person selling a police seized vehicle because it was stolen? From the VIN number it looks like this is a US car... not Euro car (i.e., left hand drive, made for us, etc).

This is weird.... Any comments?

2. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Do some more research, its possible it has gone through
    a couple dealers who never registered the title.
    And the present owner bought it in 01 and titled it.
    Have you talked with the present owner?

3. jsu800

jsu800 Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Well I will have to wait until the owner responds. I just thought it weird that if this car indeed were titled 10 years after it was made (after having gone through many dealerships like you said) then how come TX DMV didn't report mileage when the car was first registered? To reiterate, the carfax report for this car is CLEAN with no reported mileage ever and shows only one title ever registered.

Is it possible to call the DMV in Texas and find out what is going on there?