Beware of Scam | FerrariChat

Beware of Scam

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by paulie_b, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    This info was also posted under "General Discussion" today.
    I am also posting it under United Kingdom since the individual named in this post is supposed to be from the U.K. His name is indicated below.
    Maybe you can assist.

If anyone on FChat is selling any items please be aware of the following.
    I was approached by a reader of FChat in mid December who wanted to buy 2 pairs of Scuderia Shields that I had for sale. He claimed to be an "Auto Agent" from the U.K. He wanted to send me a cashiers check for the shields but it turned out that the check he sent me a fraudulent check. After depositing the check into my account I waited longer than usual to see if the check was good and that it cleared. I felt something was fishy. It turned out that the check was bogus! The envelope that the check was sent in was delivered to me by UPS. It was an international package from UPS but after I called UPS to check the tracking number I found out that the package originated from Lagos, Nigeria. He was supposed to be from the U.K. !
    Our correspondence was by email and also Sprint Relay. I never heard of Sprint relay until recently. The operator acts as an intermediary between the 2 parties on the line. Not sure why he used this method of phone call. I will call Sprint today and ask some questions. To make a long story short.......he is a thief.......and everyone should be aware of this scam.
    I did NOT send the shields.
    Please be aware of the following names for any emails:Austine Ashiedu, Brad Dennis and George Harris.
    I am going to keep rattling his tree. If others want to help, I will post his email address and we can ALL send his nasty notes.

2. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    But what's the scam ? Sounds like just another rubber cheque to me.....

Badge

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Badge, this explains the wording of the scam. It was also posted under General Discussion.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/fraudscam.htm[/url]

The wording is almost identical.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I am surprised that this post did not get more attention than it did. I posted it here because originally the thief claimed he was from the U.K.

Maybe you guys are smarter than us folks in the U.S. Has this ever happened to anyone in the U.K. or were you ever approached like this?

"Being fore warned is being fore armed".