Customize my factory 355 wheels? | FerrariChat

Customize my factory 355 wheels?

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Fly, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Fly

F355Fly Guest

Nov 26, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Asi
    I have a yellow F355 GTB. Been wanting to get some after market wheels but 2 problems, one is I can't find the wheel that really does it for me and two is the cost of custom made wheels would just be rediculously high, so i'm left with two choices, leave them stock or I was think having my factory wheels painted or powder coated black centers with a yellow painted lip and factory yellow center cap. I think it would look awesome but would like to get some of your opinions. Has anyone ever done this or seen a car with a similar set up? Would it look too ricey?
    Thanks

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

I don't know if this is interesting to you or not but I am putting some 355 Challenge wheels on my car (street version) and I would be willing to possibly sell my stock wheels. That way, if you don't like how your painted wheels look, you always have the option of putting back on the stock wheels. Or switching. Just a thought.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i just went thru same thing with my car. i decided to go big $ on hre custom wheels for several reasons. altering stock rims cost least upfront $ but will make it harder to sell car in future as f fans want stock condition. went with hre as they should have some resale value to them when i sell car. could either include as an extra to car buyer or sell separately ie. on ebay. as other compromise could have gotten 355/360 rims for less $ than custom, but still expensive and not much change in looks over stock.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #4 95spiderman, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    As pathetic as it sounds, try ebay. I regularly see 348/F355 HRE's, Speedlines, etc. going for around $1k-$3k. Not alot of money when you consider that they would have cost $3k-$8k when purchased new.

Just a suggestion...

6. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Go with HRE....best looking wheels for F-cars.