New Spotters' Thread | FerrariChat

New Spotters' Thread

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ashman, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Spotted in the last 24 Hours:

Sat. night: Red/Black BB512i CT plate "Boxer" at Elms Restaurant in Ridgefield, CT

Sunday afternoon:

Silver 550 Maranello on Hollow Tree Ridge Rd, Darien, CT
    Red 355 Coupe, Rt 35 in Ridgefield, CT

Wasn't in my F-car for these sightings. Drove 75 miles yesterday in it, saw NO Ferraris. Only interesting car spotted was a three wheel Morgan.

John

2. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh yeah, and a red TR on RT 7 in Norwalk

3. Flash

Flash Rookie

Oct 4, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony SW
    This morning on the bus to school

355 Spider (Red)

4. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Borders in Ramsey parking lot off of RT17 S, Red 550 or 575M (I only saw that back). I love that car!

5. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Saturday morning, Silver Porsche GT2 at a rest stop on 95 NB in lower CT.

Sunday late afternoon a Silver 550 Maranello (I bet the same one John saw) on 95 SB in the Bridgeport area. We followed him for a while, and so did a black (ahem) "tuned" Civic that was interested in racing. The Ferrari driver passed.....but then, later on, when it started to rain it looked like he was trying to avoid the raindrops. My wife said the driver looked like Woody Allen.

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Red 355 Berlinetta on Rt. 476 Southbound around Conshohocken, PA this morning.

Chiaro_Slag likes this.
  7. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    I saw a yellow 360 Spyder outside Rowayton Seafood in Rowayton CT on Sunday. Sweet ride.

8. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I saw a black 360 Spider tonight at Tower Records in Paramus. I talked to the owner who was very nice and told me that he also had a 550, 355, and an Enzo on the way.

9. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Oh, wait, THAT WAS ME!

Yep, i got a ride in an Enzo. It was insane, I can't beleive my good fortune at the opportunity.

You could see people doing double takes as we went by, god what a car.

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Triple Black Mondial T at high end used car dealer here in Great Neck. Needs a little cleaning, but just beautiful. If it was a year from now, I'd be making a serious inquiry on it. My next car will be another Mondial, but a 3.2 or a T. Best value in Ferrari world, IMHO.

11. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Spotted a red with tan 360 coupe on rt. 202 heading North. Older man driving (50's). I think it had a vanity plate but I couldn't make it out but didn't appear to have the dash in it. Sweet ride.
    Erik

12. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    Erik, I was up on 202 this Saturday in my wife's 328 (red and tan). I missed the 360, where on 202 were you?
    Anyway, I'm an older man (grey all the way)

John

13. EricImports69

EricImports69 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw a Red Testerosa with the NJ plast Forza on the back of a trailer last weekend on Rt.206...anyones?

14. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Erik, I think I've seen that 360 before near Sullivan's steakhouse on 202.

John, are you in that area or further up north in PA? I've seen a 328 near the Acme in the vicinity of the 202 bypass every once in a while. Wonder if that's you?

15. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I was working outside at Cavallo Autobody right on 202 about 3 miles before you get to west chester. I was about a mile up from where rt 1 intersects with 202. That is a pretty far trip from princeton how'd she run? Alex I still haven't seen you in the lotus.
    Erik

16. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Erik, I wonder if John is referring to 202 in Jersey? I'm under the impression that taking 202 north might take you up there.

The Lotus is in the shop for maintenance as well as a turbo upgrade. It'll be another two or three weeks before I get to see it again! Been gone for about three weeks already now. I'll have to meet you up at Cavallo one day, I still want to check that place out just in case anything ever happens.

17. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Wow what a day today. I saw a red F50 and a red 360 Modena on RT17 North in Mahwah. I also saw a BMW Z8 and a Bentley Arnage.

18. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yeah Alex I'll show you around cavallo the owner is the man. Right now we are busy moving a lot of dirt if you didn't notice. Let me know when you get the lotus back I got to see that thing.
    Erik

19. EricImports69

EricImports69 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    F50!!!! OMG ur lucky as hell....lol.....Last friday on Rt.206 right outside of the down-town Chester there was a Red 360 Modena Spyder with the top down and a tan interrior.....almost made me drive off the road cuz i was stuck on it...lol

20. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    morning alxlee and Erik,

Saturday we took the 328 to our mechanic and he put some injector cleaner in and said we should drive it about 100 miles. That's all I needed to hear in order to cancel anything I had planned.

We drove south on 95 past the Phil. airport and then turned west. Was on route 30 for awhile, past Villanova (spelling) and then headed north. 200 miles put on in one day. We were in West Chester, 202 and route one. All over the place on Saturday. Actually past a red 308 on 30 near the college, blew my horn, but don't think he they noticed.

Anyway, it was some great driving for one day.

John

21. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ya know, I just had to comment on this thread:

I lived in Los Angeles last year for 7 months and it wasn't uncommon for me to see a handful of Ferraris PER DAY. It was unbelievable. It actually got to the point where seeing one was no different than seeing any other car. I also use to drive past a used car dealership in Marina del Rey every morning on my way to work that had a beautiful 355 spider for sale. I almost rear-ended a few people staring too long!

Now, living in eastern Pennsylvania, I'm lucky if I see a Porsche 911 let alone a Ferrari! The only time I see anything exotic anymore is if I drive near Michael or Mario Andretti's house or drive down towards Philly...

22. idloveaguinness

idloveaguinness Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    LI NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Landry
    Red 3x8 westbound on LIE at 10:30am Saturday, 11/8.

23. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    John that is an awesome trip. Sweet I can't believe I missed you they are all my local roads 202, rt 1, west chester pike. Business 897 I didn't know Mario and Michael still had a house in PA. Isn't he from Narbeth or Nazareth I can't remember? He have any sweet rides?
    Erik

24. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Erik -- they both live in Nazareth...right up the street from each other. Mario built and incredibly huge house back in 1996. I'm not sure exactly what cars they drive anymore...haven't seen them in a couple years. I know mario had an older Countach and Michael had a TR and I believe a 348...all red of course. When I was still in high school, Mario lived right down the road and I used to park in front of his house everyday. He was always a very nice guy and waved everytime I saw him. Michael is a different story...

25. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Spotted on Saturday the 15th:

Red Daytona, 10 a.m. in New Canaan center

Grigio Maranello, 1:30 p.m. on Indian Field Rd. in Greenwich, looked like Mass. plates on it. While picking up kids from birthday party.

A very nice day running errands in the 400i. Got a few good acceleration blasts to, ahem, clear the passageways!

John Ashburne