San Juans/Vancouver F-Chat'ers | FerrariChat

San Juans/Vancouver F-Chat'ers

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by tritone, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Hello all -

New to the community - my name is james - on Lopez Island. Looking for other FChat'ers in the San Juans/Vancouver area. Anybody out there? My 'other car' is a 330GTC. Hasn't seen sunshine in about 4 months!

2. DeAvilla

DeAvilla Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Whidbey Island
    Full Name:
    Kent R. DeAvilla
    Greeting James, I'm Kent from Whidbey Island, my other car is an 87' Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet. Welcome!

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Eric Hawley is out your way (San Juans)with a 330 and 456M. If you wish to speak to the guys in Vancouver, you need to go to the "Canada" sub set.

BTW, I arrange for the Seattle FCA members to make an annual trip up to North Vancouver for the Italian Car Show at the waterfront park on Father's Day weekend.....You need to join the club, we do drives and events all year round.

We have a luncheon/drive with the Vancouver guys in May, we meet in LaConner.

We met at Semiahmoo Resort last fall for lunch to.

Dave

4. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Hi James,

Yes, there are a few of us out here. My 330 GTC and I live on Shaw! A little rain or snow can't keep us inside.

I've met a few other fcar owners on San Juan as well, and we've started a local club of Island car enthusaists. Not real active, but we do at least a couple events a year.

And of course, there are few members in Mt. Vernon and surrounding areas. Most not on FChat, but are members of the FCA. If you're not already a member, you ought to join. We do some fun events and the gang is a really great bunch of crazies.

eric

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Welcome James..........Do join the club.....the more the merrier!
    Nice image Eric!

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Welcome. I lived on San Juan Island for a few years. When I lived there 90% of the roads were gravel so I was stuck with an "Island" car for a while.

This is one of the most active clubs I've ever seen and a great bunch of guys.

The run to Canada on Fathers Day is a blast and the Childrens Benefit Vintage races on 4th of July weekend is a 'must go'.

Any pictures of your car?

DJ

7. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Nice picture Eric. But I want to see the shot of you doing donuts in the library parking lot! ...Oh wait they don't have a parking lot, they have an intersaction and if I'm not mistaken, we slid across it on that last attempt.

David

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Sorry, I had avoided this thread because I thought you were refering to Vancouver WA. Obviously, I got my geography totally confused (and off by several hundred miles on top of it!).

Yes, I live just outside of Vancouver B.C.. Our biggest event in the year is the Father's Day show (with the dinner the night before), but I'm with the Alfa club as well and we put on a few other (smaller) events and drives too.

9. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Hello Eric-

Nice to hear from someone nextdoor! and with the same red/black(?) 330 as well! small world eh? (ours is 10313, red/black, from so cal.)
    Love to meet and talk with you soon.
    Also going to speak with people on SJ who put on the summer car show.

thanks
    James

Hi James,

Yes, there are a few of us out here. My 330 GTC and I live on Shaw! A little rain or snow can't keep us inside.

I've met a few other fcar owners on San Juan as well, and we've started a local club of Island car enthusaists. Not real active, but we do at least a couple events a year.

And of course, there are few members in Mt. Vernon and surrounding areas. Most not on FChat, but are members of the FCA. If you're not already a member, you ought to join. We do some fun events and the gang is a really great bunch of crazies.

eric[/QUOTE]

10. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Hello Peter -

Good to hear from you. Yes, I belatedly remembered Vancouver, WA.
    I'll be back to Vancouver, BC next week, maybe we can do coffee or? sometime.
    I look forward to the Fathers Day event.

James

11. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James

12. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Dave -

Guess I'll (re)join the FCA. was formerly with the SF region; seldom got to their events from Tahoe & travel. More time now.
    Been to the July races with Cobra friends before - very cool.
    You'll get notice of my subscription soon.

James