Ferrari Enzo vs. Trophy Wife | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo vs. Trophy Wife

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ken, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Ferrari Enzo vs. Trophy Wife

1. Ferrari Enzo

2. Trophy Wife

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Brigitte,
    You know if I were not married and going on my fourth Ferrari...I'd meet you for that burger. :)

DL

2. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    I live in California, they just don't exist here, so yes, in a way, I wouldn't know.

*Enzo - Overall cost of ownership is less, return investment potential may be there. Less problematic, less prone to drain the wallet in contrast. Even when it would come time to sell it, it would not sue me for my assets.

A woman will never get me to enter marriage. I don't want what doesn't work, I want nothing to do with it.

Love....... so they say.

You can get sex anywhere anytime, for free or for a fee(wait, did that sound right? :D )

- Gabe

3. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I can't believe I am even going here but.......
    After listening to my last girlfriend swear how much she loved me and wanted to marry me and have my child for 3 1/2 years and then left for one of my friends, I went out and bought an F40. I figure that's about what the devorce would have cost me if I have been stupid enough to believe her........

4. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I wonder when the day will come when people will have to buy each other small ,uncharted countires and servants to express their "love" for one another. What a joke.

"... look honey, I bought you Algers... don't you just love it?..."

5. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Do you think about the others that post here? Good Luck!

6. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Definately an Enzo.
    Why would you marry such a headache? Some girls a like sports cars, you have your fun with them, then you get rid of them. If you want to marry someone that's just interested in your wealth than it's your fault that you got suckered into it. Low self esteem I guess, or she sucked the brains out of both heads, which can sometimes happen to the best of us. Nothing like a girl that really knows what she's doing when it counts. God I love women.

7. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    I'll go for the Enzo - it will still look good in 25 years time.

And if you own an Enzo, that will atract trophy wifes automatically....

8. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Was leaning towards the trophy wife 'til I saw that pig ugly photo and leaned even further. Can I trade in the the Enzo and spend the money on a stunning Ferrari instead?
    Daytona, 275, Swb, Lusso, 288 GTO. Stunningly beautiful instead of stunningly ugly.
    How can a company build those and then build that?
    No wonder the Enzo finished distant last in the EVO test up against the F40, F50 and 288 GTO.

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    i look at it this way, you can own multiple Ferrari cars so why settle for a single girlfriend/wife? That is akin to eating just one Lays potato chip? You just can't do it.

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    (With tongue firmly in cheek and poetic license and registration in hand ...)

Recent theories indicate the possibility of bypassing the "lightspeed barrier", so we can now say that faster-than-light drives are theoretically possible.

We don't really know if they're possible, so we need to specify the term with the adverb added: theoretically possible.

Just as Bill didn't technically have sex with Monica -- depending on what your definition of "is" is. ;)

You wouldn't say that internal combustion engines are theoretically possible, as there's (at least) one sitting in the garage. So the adverb would be misleading by being overly specific, just as you wouldn't say that blue Enzos are quick, because the red ones are quick, too.

So an FTL drive is theoretically possible, but an internal combustion engine is just plain possible.

So think about why we add the adverb, when we say that something is politically correct.

But the concept of the "trophy wife" came into its own in the late '50s and early '60s.

In WWII, the men went to war, and the women went to work in the factories.

At the end of the war, the men came home, and the factories building airplanes, ammo, tanks, etc., lost their consumer (the military).

In order to make room in the sagging economy for the returning work force man power, women were kicked out of the factories, and, in the '50s, were told that their place was in the home.

When there's a manpower surplus, it's hard to sell expensive hardware to automate factories. And it's nearly impossible to sell a manager a computer that can replace him. So computers started eliminating adding machines and their operators, and most manufacturers started building "labor saving devices" for the home.

Radars begat radar ranges. "Automatic" washing machines with new fangled electric timer controls moved into the homes. Dish washing machines, clothes dryers, trash compactors, TV dinners, preservatives and canned goods to the stores, automatic toasters, etc. -- the displaced ingenuity of the industrial war machine began automating the home. Ironically displacing the functions of the "home maker".

In ye olde days, "home maker" was a literal -- and non-trivial -- job description. As late as WWI we had the song "keep the home fires burning". A non-trivial task, when it meant hauling firewood to several fireplaces hour after hour after hour. Remember: no Bic lighters back then. A "house warming" was when a friendly neighbor brought over a burning stick to light off the home fires. How embarrassing to let all the fires go out. Add to that having to make bread from flour (and grind the flour), grind coffee beans (by hand), and no frozen dinners, no vacuum cleaners, etc.. Add in keeping the chickens (as well as cooking them), sewing (by hand) clothes, and the like, and the "house wife" was an important partner on the frontier.

But after WWII, having tossed the women out of the factories, those factories then displaced their functions in the home.

It's even more ironic that, today, it generally takes two incomes to pay for all these "labor saving" devices. ;)

Initially, the hardware was even more expensive, and it became a status symbol to be able to afford enough home automation that there was nothing left for the wife to do but look good.

Thus, the "trophy wife": a woman who existed just to make her husband look good by association. (Women were told not to look "too smart" -- wouldn't want hubby to feel dumb, now, would we?)

In the late '60s, there was a counter trend, as women got bored and resentful -- and politicians recognized the potential in playing to a generation of women who had spent their lives being told not to look "too smart" ... and who were able to vote.

So women were to be "empowered". Thus, men were told to cut out sexist jokes, men were told not to make crude comments, men were told never to pinch, ...

See the trend? All the means to "empower women" involved telling men what they couldn't do.

Does it "enrich" the poor to take money from the rich (without giving it to the poor)? Does it "empower" women to dis-empower men?

So the "politically correct" trophy wife became a for-show woman with the appearance of empowerment.

Eventually, it reached the point that, in the political arena, Hillary was a "trophy wife" to make Bill look good -- and then Bill became the trophy husband for Hillary's political ambitions.

When does "political" and "correct" ever go together?

(Senior, take thees thread to "Off Topic" -- it's been hijacked!) ;)

Oh, and I'd go for the Enzo. :D

(I'm not a misogynist, but I play one on the web. Is a misanthropist an equal opportunity misogynist?)

(Scotty: Warp power to the flame shields!)

11. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    The Enzo. Think of how many hot dates you can get with the Enzo. :)

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    welcome to the site.

13. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    That car has some SERIOUS windshield washers !!!! :)

Tom

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How many Enzos can ur trphy wife get ? 0

How many trophy wives can your enzo get ? Unlimited...

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "Bloody Marry... I coulda had a V-12!"

16. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Congratulations! You're the first person who got the gist of why I posted this in the first place. If I see one more "Ferrari This vs. Lambo That" I'll retaliate with another pointless poll. But you got to admit, this IS pretty funny.

Ken

17. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    How do you feel about Lotus Europas? Maybe you won't "love" me for that car, but a little necking would be fine.

Ken

18. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Most trophy wives end up in the same place - divorced, with your $$ and still smiling. The Enzo hands down. At least the Enzo has some residual value.

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...! That's quality...

DGS, that was an awesome post and i applaud you; it was also one of the most sexist posts in this entire thread and for that, well... well, i wish you luck with your woman troubles... :)

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, Wax, sorry you lost your trophies.

I kept my trophies, but my dome tent doesn't have enough shelving.
    I keep 'em at the office, with the race karts. My boss didn't know he got a Ferrari driver and a race team in the deal!

I think you need both to be happy! I'm happy.

Remember, love is grand, but divorce is twenty grand!

I'm out of here!

21. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    You got lucky twice! She's gone and you have an F40.

22. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    a trophy wife is nice to look at while she sits on the mantle.

an enzo on the other hand.... ahhhhhh. and you already knew you were in for high maintenance in the first place.

23. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    zsnnf,

Indeed you are smart and fortunate. We appear to be kindred spirits as i dumped my ex (same kid thing, marriage, etc) and finally have a Fcar in the garage only two months after she was bye-bye :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

24. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Moan,Moan, Bloody Moan, Thers always one. Hubert get out of the lab once and a while and find your self a girl frend and a life Dude,oh and get a ferrari while your out. Were only having a laugh OK!!!!!

25. pinetreeneedles

BANNED

Nov 30, 2003

what drives away women (and men) is total crap posts like yours. Get a Life!